PDA

View Full Version : Flying the Recon Jet . . .

BumbleBeeDave
07-02-2013, 09:13 PM
No, it's not the latest Air Force skunk works project . . .

http://redkiteprayer.com/2013/06/announcing-the-recon-jet/

:eek:

BBD

MattTuck
07-02-2013, 09:30 PM
It'll sell well with the di2 crowd.

I think it is a cool application of technology. I'm not sure if I'll buy it... but it sure would be a fun toy some days.

tiretrax
07-02-2013, 09:47 PM
It'll sell well with the di2 crowd.

You must teach marketing.

soulspinner
07-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Distracted riding?:p

Bruce K
07-03-2013, 05:04 AM
If you think about it seriously for a second, it would do away with computers/power meter heads on the bars as well as race radios in jerseys, so I'm guessing it will show up in the pro peloton before too long, especially if they can partner up with someone like Oakley

It would take that kind of partnership to make it available in multiple styles and with prescriptions

BK

BumbleBeeDave
07-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Almost there. :eek:

Bruce K
07-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Well, you've got the hair right (and I'm working in it)

BK

jbl
07-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Distracted riding?:p

Don't need these for that. You wouldn't believe how many commuters I pass on the MUP weaving left and right while they fiddle with their phones.

merlinmurph
07-03-2013, 08:34 AM
You can get HUD ski goggles, too. Personally, while I'm skiing, I could give a rat's @ss how fast I'm going, my GPS coordinates, my rate of descent, etc. Just something for Joe Jersey to show his friends on his bus trip to VT.

I ski to ski, I bike to bike. I'm just thinking of the irony of riding D2R2, enjoying every minute of the dirt roads and scenery, and wearing a set of these glasses. Sorry, I just don't see it.

Enjoy your ride,
Murph

Lurch
07-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Can they make the HD camera rear facing so you can see traffic behind you? I can replace the little mirror I use in on my sunglasses for like 10x the cost. If they're made from carbon, I'm in.

Forgot to add the :p . I don't need any more gadgets right now. My Garmin gives me more then I currently need for anything. Cool technology application, i'd rather spend the money on beer now. Maybe when my Garmin dies.