PDA

View Full Version : Aspen CO bike shops

wgp
07-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Any recommendations for particularly nice bike shops to vist in Aspen?

We were in Boulder on Sunday, and stopped in to see Peter at Vecchios - one of my favorite shops and now sporting a snazzy Vecchios jersey to impress all with on my rides around metro DC!!

Thanks for any tips on a quality shop with nice eye candy!

PS - Tried searching but kept getting "internal error" messages, so apologize in advance if there was already such a thread.

OTB
07-01-2013, 04:51 PM
http://www.utecitycycles.com

Bubba is cool...

sfscott
07-01-2013, 05:50 PM
+1

sohasm67
07-17-2013, 07:18 PM
+1 Ute Cycle

chiteach78
07-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Ute is a great shop but the 'eye candy' is limited by the shop size and that much of business seems to be custom. Very cool Ducati with bike rack out front, a Parlee, some really nice Yeti MBs, Orbeas and Bianchis. Hub is bigger, and there was a gorgeous Pinarello Dogma P65 'hanging out' there (had a repair tag, so assuming it was in for a tune) and a couple nice Serottas and a pink Trek or two there. After that its just the rental joint down by Clark's and then a tiny joint up by the wrap place where I don't think I've ever actually seen more than a single bike. Best place for eye candy is actually in the racks and on the roads, but YMMV. Hopefully it's cooling down - was just up the 5-15th and it was warm (for Aspen, highs in the mid 80s).