PDA

View Full Version : bikes for kids

Fixed
12-16-2005, 07:44 AM
bro I worked metro ministires last night not that many toys are being droped off and I didn't see one bike let us not forget the homeless and their kids they had no choice in the matter they are kids i.m.h.o. cheers :beer: merry christmas

PBWrench
12-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Fixed -- thank you for the inspiring message. It's our job during our lives to repair this world and to make it better for those that follow us. Remember, giving feels good!!

OldDog
12-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Amen bro - too many kids are victims of their parent(s) circumstances. Everyone should give a little something to those charitities that service those kids and give them a glimmer of hope.

Bud
12-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Nicely put, man. Our LBS collects cash donations to buy/repair old bikes that can be given to less fortunate kids for Christmas. I gave last time I was in as it sounded like a good thing.

You're right. We can't forget to give to those who are less fortunate. I try not to take it for granted, but I (and I would venture most of us on the forum) live pretty well compared to most of the world.

Marco
12-17-2005, 05:18 PM
"...It's our job during our lives to repair this world and to make it better for those that follow us." So True. So Baal-Shem-Tovish.

"Remember, giving feels good". Spoken like a true pro PB.

Fixed
12-17-2005, 05:58 PM
bro yesterday I went to the inner city school i went to when i was a kid and with my wife's hard work we had 120 $20.00 gift cards for new shoes we gave those out to the poorest kids in this city, that felt really good .the program is called kickin for kids and we collect new shoes for poor kids in tampa cheers :beer: :fight: :beer: merry christmas

Fixed
12-18-2005, 05:16 PM
bro watch the class .monday i am going to have some cool hard to get stems in 120-130 one inch size all I ask is you donate to the homeless or poor kids programs in your area for christmas cheers merry christmas :beer: :fight: :beer: