PDA

View Full Version : Koobi saddles?

josephr
06-30-2013, 05:43 PM
So....thoughts on the Koobi saddle? I've seen a lot of used saddles for sale but have never seen anyone getting rid of their Koobi? Is it because they're good saddles that folks keep or crappy saddles they're embarrassed to admit the tried???
Joe

spacemen3
06-30-2013, 06:55 PM
I rode a Xenon a decade ago. Really comfortable. I snapped a seat rail in the end, but I don't blame the manufacturer for that. I wouldn't hesitate to try it if you're interested.

rnhood
06-30-2013, 08:05 PM
I tried a couple but they were not for me, although the quality was decent. They have the standard trial period (30 days I think) so if it doesn't work, you get your money back. Good company with good intentions and design work. Like all saddles, it may or may not work.

justinrchan
06-30-2013, 09:15 PM
I had an Enduro a few years ago and it was a good saddle. I ended up selling it and getting a Fizik as it fit be better.

2wheelwill
06-30-2013, 09:50 PM
I have a used one laying around if you want to buy cheap and try before committing to new....

abelson
06-30-2013, 10:31 PM
I tried an Enduro a number of years ago and I was not a fan.

josephr
06-30-2013, 10:47 PM
I have a used one laying around if you want to buy cheap and try before committing to new....

you had me at USED/CHEAP! :)

pm sent!

fiataccompli
06-30-2013, 11:15 PM
I have 2 and frankly the jury's still out for me. One is the prs or century model or something like that and has replaceable elastomers for support...based on rider weight. I logged a lot of miles on that one with no complaints but ultimately found a saddle I prefer for that bike. I noticed they weren't particularly cheap on fleabay...

druptight
07-01-2013, 07:39 AM
I've got the AU enduro on all my bikes. I can ride it for hours with no discomfort, and most importantly no numbness which was my previous issue. Occasionally, I think about how I'd like to try some of these fancier looking saddles, but then I remember that the Koobi never makes me think about my saddle - so why change?

josephr
07-01-2013, 08:22 AM
I've got the AU enduro on all my bikes. I can ride it for hours with no discomfort, and most importantly no numbness which was my previous issue. Occasionally, I think about how I'd like to try some of these fancier looking saddles, but then I remember that the Koobi never makes me think about my saddle - so why change?

Thats exactly why I'm asking the question....I've ridden about 500 miles including a couple of metrics on my new Synapse with the OEM saddle....its ok I guess, but I don't know what I don't know, you know?
Joe

druptight
07-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Thats exactly why I'm asking the question....I've ridden about 500 miles including a couple of metrics on my new Synapse with the OEM saddle....its ok I guess, but I don't know what I don't know, you know?
Joe

My first bike on which I discovered the Koobi was also a Cannondale with it's stock saddle that I couldn't ride for more than about 15 miles without numbness issues. Try the Koobi. As mentioned above, with the 30 day return policy, you can't really go wrong. Or you can get one cheap from a forum member as offered above. If it doesn't work you can always flip it back for the same low price you paid for it.

wheelwing
10-22-2013, 04:42 PM
I, too, found the Koobi to be a perfect solution for the numbness issue--but now I've done worn mine out (ten years, tens of thousands of miles, it'll happen).

Nothing but praise for the Koobi, but now that I'm the market for a replacement I find myself wondering if there's another similar saddle I should be checking out--anyone know of any other saddles manufactured today with similar full-channel construction?

Broid
10-22-2013, 05:28 PM
+1 on the Koobi. I've been riding a PRS Century and it is very comfy for me. Saddles are a very personal thing of course and I went through 4 or 5 others first. Try many and find what fits for you.

ultraman6970
10-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Not saying are bad saddles ok? never tried one but they always looked to me more like a toupe with a looot of padding. Have to confess that I been kind'a looking them a ebay for a used one to test.

Ken Robb
10-22-2013, 07:00 PM
"so there I was just riding along sitting on my Koobi" There has to be a joke there somewhere.:banana: