PDA

View Full Version : OT: new puppy

mcteague
06-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Just picked up our new guy, a 8 1/2 week old Belgian Sheepdog (http://bsca.info/)we named Kodi. My 10 year old Siberian, Kira, is a bit aloof so far but I expect that to improve. Belgians, called Groenendael outside the US, are all black so that makes getting nice pictures a challenge. In any event, here are few from his first day home. He is really settling in nicely!

Tim

gearguywb
06-30-2013, 06:58 AM
That is one cute dude! Congrats on the new family member!

ultraman6970
06-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Wow, he looks like one of my rescues, the pointy ears is because of surgery or they get pointy later on?? Actually theo nes i have are mixed obviously but eventhought are brothers one looks like a 1/2 size newfoundland and the other one just because never saw one before, looks just like yours... even the hair is similar but probably tiny shorter, you never know what mixes you have when you get a mixed dog... interesting :)

Nice dogs you have in there :)

robin3mj
06-30-2013, 08:02 AM
Congrats. He looks a lot like our black lab/ chow mix when she was a pup.

Ken Robb
06-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Aloof is probably the best response one can expect from an old dog accepting a new dog into her world. The puppy must be exhibiting due respect to the old gal. Have fun!

Climb01742
06-30-2013, 09:41 AM
enjoy! two beautiful dogs. over the years, our dogs have always seemed happier when they have a bud...though the label of 'bud' does often take a while to earn.;)

Big-d
06-30-2013, 09:54 AM
grats on the pup,beautiful ! Years ago,when my kids were young,we had a Belgian Tervuren (sister breed),best dog we ever had, you're in for a treat :)

roguedog
06-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Awwww... want. Love the pix. :)

Enjoy his antics.

mcteague
06-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Wow, he looks like one of my rescues, the pointy ears is because of surgery or they get pointy later on?? Actually theo nes i have are mixed obviously but eventhought are brothers one looks like a 1/2 size newfoundland and the other one just because never saw one before, looks just like yours... even the hair is similar but probably tiny shorter, you never know what mixes you have when you get a mixed dog... interesting :)

Nice dogs you have in there :)

His ears will go up on their own fairly soon. He has big ears and long legs so it looks like he is going to take after his father, who was on the large end of the Belgian scale.

Tim

MattTuck
06-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Nice... Belgian ;) A true cyclist's dog.

blessthismess
06-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Beautiful dogs! Can't wait till I have enough space to get another dog someday:)

mcteague
06-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Awwww... want. Love the pix. :)

Enjoy his antics.

Really! Just today he jumped up against his ex-pen and I calmly said "no" and motioned him away from the pen. He actually moved back, while still standing on two legs. Took two steps backwards, standing on his hind legs, and promptly toppled over backwards. Would have loved to have filmed that!

Tim

Elefantino
06-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Do not take them to the Tour de France. Just sayin' ...

bit.ly/12zQ3Hb

mcteague
07-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Do not take them to the Tour de France. Just sayin' ...

bit.ly/12zQ3Hb

I saw that on TV, freaked me out. I would NEVER have my dog in that environment off leash. Ah, France.

Tim

Pete Mckeon
07-01-2013, 07:09 AM
they are members of the family and VERY good looking ones. PETE

:banana:

tiretrax
07-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Nice looking dog.

Tim Porter
07-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Cute little guy! Same situation with us: new puppy 1 year ago looked like this:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a583/porterphoto1/file_zpse3b34287.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/porterphoto1/media/file_zpse3b34287.jpg.html)

Now looks pretty much like this:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a583/porterphoto1/file_zpsa0d07833.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/porterphoto1/media/file_zpsa0d07833.jpg.html)

Goldendoodle designer mutts Daisy and Stanley.

rab
07-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Congrats on the new pup!

Nothing quite like a new puppy in the house to add some laughs and excitement of all kinds. Bet the two will be getting along well in no time, once they get the new arrangement sorted out.

Kingfisher
07-03-2013, 04:05 AM
Beautiful pups!!! I had the same situation with our two golden retrievers, older one was aloof for awhile til things got sorted out and now they are the BEST of buddies and always watching out for one another. Good luck and they are two beautiful dogs.

mcteague
07-03-2013, 05:14 AM
Beautiful pups!!! I had the same situation with our two golden retrievers, older one was aloof for awhile til things got sorted out and now they are the BEST of buddies and always watching out for one another. Good luck and they are two beautiful dogs.

Thanks. The older dog has made some quite aggressive moves towards the puppy, mostly when near her empty food bowl. I feed Kira first but now pick up both bowls when empty.

Even though you are not supposed to walk puppies where other dogs have been I have started tentative walks in the neighborhood with both of them. He has his 2nd round of shots and he needs to see more things in this fear response stage but they also seem to bond much better when walked together.

Tim