PDA

View Full Version : Regional: Sick of this Mid-Atlantic Weather!

avalonracing
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Maryland can be beautiful for two months in the Spring and two months in the Fall. Likewise, we can have a couple of days of amazingly warm weather in December or cool weather in August. Most of the time the summer hear can be pretty damn hot and humid. I know this by now after spending my life here but...

WHAT IS UP WITH THESE MONSOONAL CONDITIONS?!?!?!?!?!?! For what seems like weeks now we have been dealing with big-ass rainstorms, flood warnings, tornado watches and possible Rapture on a daily basis. Between the storms the sun pops out and takes what was just 100% humidity and makes it feel like 900% humidity. Yes, I have central A/C, yes my cars have A/C but I want to ride my bikes without having to chose from drowning in a flood or my own sweat. Mountain biking, ha! I'm all but ready to sell my MTBs as trails will be wet until 2026. But even my road bikes aren't fun right now. Hell, I think this Panama-like humidity could rust titanium.

Yes, I know these are "First world problems" but hell, I don't live in Thailand for a reason... So why do we have their weather?! Gaahahahahaaaaaaaa!!! :crap:

avalonracing
06-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Here you can see what I'm talking about on the current radar. The weather pattern is coming in from the west. Storm... Bake in the humidity for an hour. Storm again, bake again... Storm again... Kill self...

Matt-H
06-28-2013, 05:02 PM
That was a good rant! It really has sucked this Spring. Planning on heading to the Friday night races at the velodrome in a bit, but it is starting to look very stormy out there...

estilley
06-28-2013, 05:04 PM
I just moved to DC for the summer from Portland, OR. I'm furious.

Formulasaab
06-28-2013, 05:06 PM
We've had tornado warnings for two days straight.
They're broadcasting flash flood warnings to our phones now, and mine has made that awful sound twice in the last couple of hours.

There is no riding possible in the evenings because that's when the weather rolls through. I'll have to go in the morning.

zap
06-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I ride in the morning after I get everyone's work schedule out.....cooler too.

I like the pm rain.....great for the garden.