PDA

View Full Version : Seven Titanium..any feedback?

CarlosContreros
12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Anyone have extensive "seat-time" on Seven titanium??

And....are they produced by Merlin?

thanks!

DRZRM
12-15-2005, 02:49 PM
My understanding is that Merlin was purchased by Litespeed, but that the Seven guys are independent (some once worked for Merlin). They are not under any larger company's production line. Isn't that still true?

BTW thanks for the computer, did you get the brifters (etc.)

CarlosContreros
12-15-2005, 03:00 PM
My understanding is that Merlin was purchased by Litespeed, but that the Seven guys are independent (some once worked for Merlin). They are not under any larger company's production line. Isn't that still true?

BTW thanks for the computer, did you get the brifters (etc.)

Thanks for the info DRZRM...
and yes....I did recieve a package(I'm away from home..but
will be back tomorrow..glad to know I've got something to open!).

I'm sooo looking forard to installing new brifters! :banana:
Last time I rode(Sat)..it's so frustrating to reach for a bigger
gear only to have it not available(talk about losing momentum).

Glad you like the comp!
take it easy DRZ :beer:

SoCalSteve
12-15-2005, 04:13 PM
First off, you would be more succesful to put this posting in the General Discussion Forum.

Ok, Rob Vandermark worked for Tom Kellogg as his head bike designer (Tom Kellogg owned Merlin until he sold it to Litespeed)....anyway, in 1997, Rob left to start Seven Cycles.

Seven Cycles has nothing to do with Merlin.

As for the way they ride, I owned a Seven Axiom for many years and it was always my go to bike for Centuries, etc. It is a very nice bike.

I sold it off as I find that my Ottrott and Hors Categorie are more comfortable, better handling bikes.

Steve

Jeff N.
12-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Seven Cycles makes some of the absolute finest titanium road and mountain frames in the world. They are a private company. I own an Axiom Ti and will never part with it. 'Nuff said? Jeff n.

johnmdesigner
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2005/features/seven_factory

Too Tall
12-15-2005, 05:19 PM
I have an Ti Seven Track bike. It is unexplainable but it races real nice at Trexlertown...go figure?

rnhood
12-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Good article "johnmdesigner" and thanks for posting the link. I enjoy reading about the dedication and passion of these smaller builders like Seven. Their stories, so to speak, are always interesting and encouraging. And that short review of the "Tsunami" cyclocross bike makes me envious, especially the comments on it's compliance. I've had it with stiff frames.

mgm777
12-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Seven Cycles makes some of the absolute finest titanium road and mountain frames in the world. They are a private company. I own an Axiom Ti and will never part with it. 'Nuff said? Jeff n.

Ditto what Jeff N. said! I have an Axiom and a Legend. While both are great bikes, I find myself riding the Seven more often. I will never sell my Seven. Good luck! :)

CarlosContreros
12-16-2005, 12:04 PM
First off, you would be more succesful to put this posting in the General Discussion Forum.

Ok, Rob Vandermark worked for Tom Kellogg as his head bike designer (Tom Kellogg owned Merlin

Steve

WOW!
I never knew Tom Kellogg owned Merlin!
I think TK is a "classy-guy"!

Thanks all for the feedback....and yes Steve..I mistakenly put it in the
wrong forum! :crap:

Since we're on the subject...anyone have any info on the Seven S-8??

thanks!

Kirk Pacenti
12-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Tom Kellogg never owned Merlin.

SoCalSteve
12-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Did Tom and Rob just work there?

Thanks,

Steve

Kirk Pacenti
12-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Did Tom and Rob just work there?

Thanks,

Steve

Rob was an employee of Merlin. Tom was a consultant from day one. He did all their stock road bike designs and was also "spokesman" for the brand. Merlin did build all the Ti Spectrums.