PDA

View Full Version : Pricing NOS Deltas

CDollarsign
06-28-2013, 09:55 AM
I am trying to figure out what a appropriate amount to pay for a set of NOS Campy Deltas with levers and cables. Basically the whole brake kit in original boxes. $400? $500? Less?

JAGI410
06-28-2013, 09:58 AM
As much as you're willing to pay! What are you going to do with them?

jr59
06-28-2013, 10:30 AM
I am trying to figure out what a appropriate amount to pay for a set of NOS Campy Deltas with levers and cables. Basically the whole brake kit in original boxes. $400? $500? Less?

Not less! NOS in the box brings a BIG price tag!

As much as you're willing to pay! What are you going to do with them?

^^This^^

redir
06-28-2013, 10:36 AM
C-Record Delta's can fetch a lot of money. If they are NOS you could probably bid those up over $500.

ultraman6970
06-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Gently used ones can go for 250 to 450.... NOS in the box can go for over 1000 bucks at ebay.

If you are looking for a set send me an email.

mktng
06-28-2013, 11:04 AM
theres a gentleman local-ish selling his vgc calipers for $175. i really want to pick them up and see for myself why these things are so sought after.

Pete Mckeon
06-28-2013, 11:34 AM
It is what you like for the bike you are outfitting. New campy I wager you a bottle of good red - - WILL perform and stop BETTER :) I have used both with OEM pads. AND a bottle of red is always welcome.

theres a gentleman local-ish selling his vgc calipers for $175. i really want to pick them up and see for myself why these things are so sought after.

cekte
06-28-2013, 11:39 AM
The history, aesthetics, and ingenuity involved are truly the only allure to those. It's astounding they still command as high of a price as they do. As they're actual performance leaves much to be desired, in my opinion.

Formulasaab
06-28-2013, 11:58 AM
The history, aesthetics, and ingenuity involved are truly the only allure to those.

For those who appreciate such things, that's more than enough.

It's astounding they still command as high of a price as they do. As they're actual performance leaves much to be desired, in my opinion.

They are iconic. If there were a list of the Top 10 most beautiful cycling components ever (mass) created... There is little doubt they would be in the running for the #1 spot.

Their performance isn't bad, it just isn't modern!

Honestly, for the whole set I wouldn't be surprised to see them hammer at close to $1000 on eBay.

MattTuck
06-28-2013, 12:04 PM
When I first came to this forum, I thought it was strange how many people on here had Nitrous Oxide systems. :banana:

donevwil
06-28-2013, 12:05 PM
The 5-pivot Deltas will command the most because they are the best, especially the last year with black bellows that I’ve seen go for $1k+ NOS complete in package (crazy). The 3-pivot ones are speed modulators at best and are most suited to a Sunday ride or as shelf jewelry. Have seen those command anywhere from $500-$800 (even crazier) depending on how much the buyer knows about Deltas.

I run a set of 5-pivot, black bellows Deltas (I purchased new back in '90, not for a stupid amount of money) with cartridge pads from a dual pivot set and Salmon inserts on a bike running 21mm wide rims. They stop every bit as well as any dual pivot I’ve tried and much better than the skeleton dual front, single rear. They are very sensitive to set-up and rim width, however.

oldpotatoe
06-28-2013, 02:33 PM

Depends on the generation, last, black bellows, 5 pivot far better brakes. $400-600 range

mktng
06-28-2013, 02:35 PM
the set I have a chance to get are the older 3 pivot.
cant imagine them being worse than the Nuovo Gran Sport single pivot brakes on one of my marinoni's :P
maybe i'll give them a shot

cnighbor1
06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
$995 is my best guess after watch a lot of ebay items

ultraman6970
06-28-2013, 05:45 PM
175 is good price even if arent C record, there lower croce d.oune or what ever the spell is group had deltas too and actually are almost identical to the C records and if you really dont know how to tell what it is you could get the lower one thinking is the C record.

I love the shape and stuff of those calipers but darn are f... heavy. If you get the calipers be sure to find the 1.5 (or is 2.5? cant remember) mm allen needed to adjust them.

175 is a good price if are record C, 175 is ok for the lower version.

Good luck.

cnighbor1
06-28-2013, 06:21 PM
I was right a new set on eBay complete $995

Columbus SLX
06-28-2013, 06:23 PM

Get em. If you don't like them, I'll buy them from you for that plus shipping. :)

donevwil
06-28-2013, 06:26 PM
I was right a new set on eBay complete $995

That'd be 999.95 pounds or $1520 asking price plus $120 shipping. Must include plenty of crack because that's what the seller is on.

choke
06-28-2013, 07:05 PM
$175 is cheap - you could easily double your money.

I'm one of those who love Deltas. I have them on 3 bikes and I have never felt like I needed more brake.

175 is good price even if arent C record, there lower croce d.oune or what ever the spell is group had deltas too and actually are almost identical to the C records and if you really dont know how to tell what it is you could get the lower one thinking is the C record.Croce d'Aune. It's easy to tell the difference, Record has internal springs and CdA has external springs. I actually prefer the CdA version, though I'm certainly in the minority.
If you get the calipers be sure to find the 1.5 (or is 2.5? cant remember) mm allen needed to adjust them.It's a 3.5mm allen.

pyrate
06-29-2013, 03:55 PM
995?? wow didn't know they were going for that much. might as well buy a used pair hah

fogrider
06-29-2013, 04:39 PM

I had the CDA version back in the day...they will slow you down, but stopping is another issue. they are tricky to setup...the cable has to be cut just right... too long and the cover won't go on. too short and it may slip when you pull the lever. and yes, they are not lightweight!