PDA

View Full Version : No colombians at sky TdF

ultraman6970
06-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Any idea why uran and henao arent in the team?? Pretty much Froome has one guy and the rest of the team are just ex trackers TT type of riders... looks like Wiggo has more support than Froome.

After checking the roster Sky looks quite flimsy to me, even contador have like 3 climbers with him and like 2 other guys that can climb with him too, no wonder read saxo team seems to be quite strong this year.

Need to check the other teams, this Tour is really a big question at least to me.

chengher87
06-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Their programs are to race the Giro, Vuelta and World Championships. Uran and Henao weren't at last year's Tour either.

EDS
06-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Any idea why uran and henao arent in the team?? Pretty much Froome has one guy and the rest of the team are just ex trackers TT type of riders... looks like Wiggo has more support than Froome.

After checking the roster Sky looks quite flimsy to me, even contador have like 3 climbers with him and like 2 other guys that can climb with him too, no wonder read saxo team seems to be quite strong this year.

Need to check the other teams, this Tour is really a big question at least to me.

Pretty obvious that it would be extremely difficult for those two to put in a good effort in the tour after their exploits in the Giro. Froome has the second strongest guy in the race as his caddy and has another solid climbers in Siutsou and Kiryienka.

Shortsocks
06-27-2013, 11:11 PM
I was very disappointed to see that Uran wouldn't be there. But I was incredibly excited for a Colombian (Uran) to place at the giro though. I'm a Sky Fan.

I'm pretty sure Sky planned it Giro, Vuelta and World Championship like the previous viewer stated.

I will be watching Movistar's Nairo Quintana. That guy is young! I can't WAIT to see how he will hang out stage 18! That guy can climb like a bat out of hell. Reminds me of the Pure Climbers of past.

MattTuck
06-27-2013, 11:19 PM
they're headed back to Bogota, Colombia... (http://www.hulu.com/watch/4090)