PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience with Vuelta Products?

chengher87
06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm looking to build up a beater bike for terrible conditions and rides along bike trails with my friends. I'm not really looking to fit it with high end components because I won't ride it as often as my current road bike.

I've found Vuelta wheelsets and crank sets on the cheap, but is it just because they are heavier (that I can deal with) or will they last a New York minute?

Does anyone have Vuelta components on any of their bikes?

EricEstlund
06-27-2013, 07:14 PM
With Vuelta you get what you pay for.

The chainrings are generally decent replacement parts. The cranks and wheels are inexpensive and work, but without the attention to detail or precision of a more expensive part.

I think their better "deals" are the entry level bits where the price/ expectation of quality are fairly well aligned.

chengher87
06-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Are the cranks at least Sora quality? And are the wheelsets the quality of the stock Shimano wheels (SW-500 I think), they can't be worse than Alex rims. I'm looking at the HD Vuelta wheelsets. Reviews say that they are tanks, which is fine by me. I may go a little off-road, so a heavy wheel that won't go out of true on some bumpy terrain is ideal.

wallymann
06-27-2013, 08:08 PM
both have worked fine for many years.

regularguy412
06-27-2013, 10:03 PM
A buddy of mine had a pair of Vuelta carbon wheels. I think they were about 40 - 50 mm in rim section depth. He moved away from this area before I had a chance to get an idea of their dependability, but they seemed to be OK wheels,, e.g.: true, round, etc. Although,, they did appear to be a bit on the heavy side.

Mike in AR:beer: