PDA

View Full Version : How do you edit a Garmin 705 ride file?

spdcyclist
06-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi All,
I did a great century ride, called the Ancient Mariner, the past Saturday here on long Island from Massapequa Park RR to the Montauk Pt. Lighthouse... 115 miles. We ride out and the bikes get trucked back to the start while we riders take the LIRR train back.

Problem is I left the GPS on and it recorded the trucks drive back... and according to the stat's a maximum speed of 1,912 mph ... (take that Strava users). Not sure why the speed glitched, but I "doubt" I got it over the sound barrier. :p

Do any of you know of a SW utility that could use to delete/edit the unwanted portion of the file?

Thanks.
Dan
:help:

poff
06-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi All,
I did a great century ride, called the Ancient Mariner, the past Saturday here on long Island from Massapequa Park RR to the Montauk Pt. Lighthouse... 115 miles. We ride out and the bikes get trucked back to the start while we riders take the LIRR train back.

Problem is I left the GPS on and it recorded the trucks drive back... and according to the stat's a maximum speed of 1,912 mph ... (take that Strava users). Not sure why the speed glitched, but I "doubt" I got it over the sound barrier. :p

Do any of you know of a SW utility that could use to delete/edit the unwanted portion of the file?

Thanks.
Dan
:help:

On Strava there is "Crop ride" option under "Actions." You can crop your train ride out.

roydyates
06-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Upload the file to ridewithgps.com and then edit the route. In your case, it may be enough to use the undo key a bunch to delete the excess route. If not, go and watch the youtube video on ridewithgs route editing. Editing routes in ridewithgps is REALLY easy.

Anarchist
06-24-2013, 10:40 PM
A gpx file is just a text file (as is a TCX file).

You can open them with any text editor and edit them, re-save them, etc.

I use a mac, I can edit a gpx/tcx file just using Text Edit.

shovelhd
06-25-2013, 07:23 AM
You can load it into Golden Cheetah and use the Editor.

Nooch
06-25-2013, 07:31 AM
http://www.digitalepo.com/

holliscx
06-25-2013, 07:39 AM
If you rode with someone else who turned his off just upload his file instead.

fkelly
08-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Late to the party but I use Sporttracks PC software to store files from my Garmin. Once you import the file, there is an editor that lets you delete any portion of the file starting at a given distance or time. You might have to fiddle a couple of times to get it exact but the base file will still be on your Garmin until you delete it or it runs out of space.

I eventually create a TCX file from Sporttracks and upload it to rwgps but I don't want to have the only copy of my data on any web site.