PDA

View Full Version : You ever have one of these rides....

2wheelwill
06-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Did 70 miles this morning and felt stronger every mile.
Weather was perfect, tailwind the whole way, and even my Cliff bar was tasty. My Caad 9 rode flawless.
Lot's or courteous folks on the bike trail - families, newbies, and shaved leg dudes all getting along.
Passed a club of Phillipino cyclists wearing matching jerseys - they called themselves the coconuts!
Got to the last turn before my house and just decided to keep going for a few extra miles.
Today reminded me why I love bikes! :beer:

fourflys
06-23-2013, 12:52 AM
I've had one or two... my buddies call it a "no-chain ride"... feels like there's not really any resistance to turning the cranks, just good times...

InspectorGadget
06-23-2013, 01:00 AM
I am happy to say I have had those rides, but not this past week. Commuting to work in a stiff headwind thinking I might have a tailwind coming home. Wrong! Every day this week has been a head wind going both ways.

What I wouldn't give for one of those magical days. Good on ya,
I'm happy for you!!!

bikinchris
06-23-2013, 02:16 AM
I am happy to say I have had those rides, but not this past week. Commuting to work in a stiff headwind thinking I might have a tailwind coming home. Wrong! Every day this week has been a head wind going both ways.

What I wouldn't give for one of those magical days. Good on ya,
I'm happy for you!!!

As long as it wasn't up hill both ways! You will get your tailwinds one day.

rugbysecondrow
06-23-2013, 04:50 AM
The irony dripping from this thread is too much.

ariw
06-24-2013, 11:33 AM
I walked 20 miles to and from school, uphill - both ways!!

CaptStash
06-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Had one of those this weekend myself. It's a special feeling. Wish it would happen more often.

CaptStash....