PDA

View Full Version : OT: You know your a dad to an infant when

firerescuefin
06-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Had to laugh at myself today (actually a couple of minutes ago)

Dark Basement...Stationary trainer (Hard sustained effort)....Eminem in the headphones (take your shot now)....Paceline on the Ipad....Baby monitor waiting to go off (in the center of my line of vision)

That's how I roll :help: ...more days than not.

Feel free to share your experience...throw another log on the fire.

Black Dog
06-22-2013, 04:36 PM
My son is 2.5 years old. Other day in the bike trailer he yells up to me, mid climb: "Daddy! Daddy! I lost my nipples!" He was lifting his shirt up to check on the status of his nipples and covered them with the shirt because he could not get the shirt high enough due to the restraints in the trailer. I had to stop, get off the bike and show him that he still had his nipples; he was very upset until he found those nipples of his. One of the best moments I have had on ride.

shovelhd
06-22-2013, 04:59 PM
You love the smell of poop in the morning.

That was a long time ago. Wait until they grow up.

Louis
06-22-2013, 05:49 PM
"Daddy! Daddy! I lost my nipples!"

Oh, the X-rated comments I could come up with for that one... ;)

Joachim
06-22-2013, 06:14 PM
You know you are the parent of a toddler when your automated recommended shows on Netflix are Barney, Timmy Time and Sesame Street.

firerescuefin
06-22-2013, 06:47 PM
You know you are the parent of a toddler when your automated recommended shows on Netflix are Barney, Timmy Time and Sesame Street.

I watch Timmy Time with my 3 and 5 year old...and will admit to enjoying watching Shaun the Sheep.

giverdada
06-22-2013, 06:51 PM
coming back from having our second, my wife used to put her in the bouncy chair, and put the chair next to the trainer, then lull her to sleep to the sweet sounds of base miles.

firerescuefin
06-22-2013, 06:57 PM
coming back from having our second, my wife used to put her in the bouncy chair, and put the chair next to the trainer, then lull her to sleep to the sweet sounds of base miles.

:)

branflakes
06-22-2013, 07:10 PM
+1 on Shaun the Sheep. nice choice firerescuefin.

scho74
06-22-2013, 08:12 PM
My daughter is only 4 weeks old but I keep looking at kid bikes :bike:

Dave B
06-22-2013, 08:15 PM
I love the backyardigans Andy's Jakers the adventures of piggly winks.

Genie Mack!!!!

WickedWheels
06-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Driving to work with the kid's CD playing. The kid is not in the car. You don't notice the nursery rhymes blasting through the speakers because that's now the soundtrack to your life.

floxy1
06-22-2013, 11:26 PM
When you sway standing and don't even notice.

firerescuefin
06-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Driving to work with the kid's CD playing. The kid is not in the car. You don't notice the nursery rhymes blasting through the speakers because that's now the soundtrack to your life.

Do that on a regular basis...even find one of the songs in my head in the middle of the day. :help:

slidey
06-23-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm reasonably sure Shaun the Sheep creeps into another one of my fave toons - Wallace and Gromit, or am I thinking of some other character?!

I watch Timmy Time with my 3 and 5 year old...and will admit to enjoying watching Shaun the Sheep.

Oh, and M&M for music...really??!! :eek:

firerescuefin
06-23-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm reasonably sure Shaun the Sheep creeps into another one of my fave toons - Wallace and Gromit, or am I thinking of some other character?!

Wallace and Gromit are by the same folks....and that's another one we watch together :)

Eminem....agreed not very impressive (my wife asks me who are you trying to fool...and who would believe you listen to that) On the trainer...it works :help:

slidey
06-23-2013, 01:13 PM
I just noticed W&G have a new one - fright of the bumblebees! :hello:

I think this might be a very happy sunday :p

Wallace and Gromit are by the same folks....and that's another one we watch together :)

Fiertetimestwo
06-23-2013, 07:42 PM
My recollection is that Shaun the Sheep started as a character in one of the earlier Wallace and Gromit adventures, and he was such a hit he got his own series:D

djg
06-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Had to laugh at myself today (actually a couple of minutes ago)

Dark Basement...Stationary trainer (Hard sustained effort)....Eminem in the headphones (take your shot now)....Paceline on the Ipad....Baby monitor waiting to go off (in the center of my line of vision)

That's how I roll :help: ...more days than not.

Feel free to share your experience...throw another log on the fire.

When I saw my little girl's head coming out . . . well, once the shock subsided.

Geeze, number one will be 16 at the end of July and all the time-worn metaphors about flying time are feeling vivid again. We're dropping her at fake college soon (summer at a real college -- she's kind of a homebody, but she wanted to go . . . ack). The big round baby is now 5' 10", still growing, and not much more than 100 pounds.

Nooch
06-25-2013, 07:29 AM
i constantly have songs from Jake and the Neverland Pirates stuck in my head....

Yo Ho Let's Go!

cycle_chic
06-25-2013, 07:51 AM
You get fully kitted up--sports bra(s), bibs, jersey, socks, shoes, helmet, sunglasses, gloves--and as you head toward the door, ready to feel pain in your legs again for the first time in months, little one decides she's hungry again. Have to take off the few layers of clothing you've just put on, feed baby, then start the process of getting dressed again. It all works out. ;)

Black Dog
06-25-2013, 08:30 AM
You get fully kitted up--sports bra(s), bibs, jersey, socks, shoes, helmet, sunglasses, gloves--and as you head toward the door, ready to feel pain in your legs again for the first time in months, little one decides she's hungry again. Have to take off the few layers of clothing you've just put on, feed baby, then start the process of getting dressed again. It all works out. ;)

My wife knows this too well.

carpediemracing
06-25-2013, 08:37 AM
I have a picture of my view from the trainer somewhere, apparently I didn't put it in the blog. It shows the TV, my mobile phone, my house phone (both phones with ringers off so I need to see the screen light up if someone calls), and the monitor.

Junior would sleep either 30 minutes or 2 hours. If he was tired I'd gamble on 2 hours and kit up, get on the trainer, get about 8 minutes in, and he'd wake up. The times I didn't kit up he'd be sound asleep for 2 hours.

Really though the biggest thing I've noticed is that if I get shelled at a race it's not a big deal if Junior is around, or even if he isn't. There's a joy in interacting with him that's indescribable and it puts perspective on a lot of things in life.

This was my view 3 laps into a race in April. Note there aren't any racers around me anymore. I'd sat up but on the backstretch saw the Missus and Junior. Stopped and said hi, nuzzled Junior. When I rolled back to the start/finish I had a grin on my face.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jC2bHlblR2k/UXqEmkmLQuI/AAAAAAAAE7Y/wovMh0tpdT0/s800/20130421_Zwiedzanie-Junior.jpg

ColonelJLloyd
06-25-2013, 10:46 AM
I got the trailer all ready and ordered the tiniest helmet a few days ago. My daughter is going to be ready for her first tow before 10 months. Stoked!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3825/9134332561_cbc9606fb0_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/51002114@N03/9134332561/)
Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/51002114@N03/9134332561/) by ColonelJLloyd (http://www.flickr.com/people/51002114@N03/), on Flickr

gomango
06-25-2013, 02:23 PM
I got the trailer all ready and ordered the tiniest helmet a few days ago. My daughter is going to be ready for her first tow before 10 months. Stoked!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3825/9134332561_cbc9606fb0_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/51002114@N03/9134332561/)
Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/51002114@N03/9134332561/) by ColonelJLloyd (http://www.flickr.com/people/51002114@N03/), on Flickr

That a boy.

That's when we started ours as well.

Ours are 14 and 17 now.

Both are taller, faster and smarter than their father. :)

They go through bicycles like nuthin.

Fun to watch them grow, most of the time.

SpokeValley
06-25-2013, 06:30 PM

You are correct, Sir...Shawn came from my personal favorites, Wallace and Gromit...

"The Wrong Trousers" is just a hoot.;)

bikingshearer
06-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Oh boy, an excuse to tell one of my favorite kid stories. :hello:

When my son was a young'un - still in diapers but old enough to hold his own bottle - the morning routine included me putting him on his changing table and changing the night's diaper while he enjoyed a bottle of whatever it was we gave him.

One morning, having turned to dispose of the old diaper and grab a new one, I turned back to discover a very contented baby boy with his bottle in one hand and his d!ck in the other and not a care in the world. :banana:

It was both hysterically funny and incredibly sad. Funny for the obvious visual sight gag (at least it was funny to a sleep deprived dad and an even more sleep deprived mom). Sad because I figured that this was the high point of his life and he would not even remember it.

Liharvy
06-26-2013, 01:44 AM

Timmy Time, and Pingu, make me want to stuff my ears with cotton and shut my eyes against the horror of those shows.:mad:

Really do like Shaun the Sheep though and don't mind it being in the queue.

firerescuefin
06-26-2013, 02:59 AM
snip....the biggest thing I've noticed is that if I get shelled at a race it's not a big deal if Junior is around, or even if he isn't. There's a joy in interacting with him that's indescribable and it puts perspective on a lot of things in life.

Could not have said it better my man....have a friend that I used to race with whose wife is pregnant...and he's worried about all he won't be able to do anymore. I told him I had some reservations as well...but said something very similar to what you wrote above...spot on!:)