PDA

View Full Version : More "sex sells" on eBay

Keith A
12-13-2005, 06:56 PM
At first it was a novelity, but this is becoming more common for sellers to use "sex" to draw more interest to their auctions. Here's another example of an Airone saddle (http://cgi.ebay.com/FIZIK-ARIONE-METALLIC-BLUE-SILVER-TI-RAILS_W0QQitemZ7204472437QQcategoryZ106952QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem) being auctioned by a female :confused: Not only do we have to put up with this from corporate America, but now the workin' man is doing it to :crap:

Bill Bove
12-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Yeah, right on Keith! I'm so disgusted by this behavior that I WILL NOT bid a penny over 200 dollars for that saddle :banana:

gary135r
12-13-2005, 07:00 PM
cheap attention getter, but what can you say, it works. :no:

William
12-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Supposedly a female seller? Likes Sports Illustrated Swimsuit vid. And note starting bid price......coincidence? I think not. :banana:

William ;)

Keith A
12-13-2005, 07:09 PM
William did you see this line in the auction "Used for ~90 miles before realizing my girl parts needed something smushy."?

Hey Bill -- I all seriousness, I am tired of this stuff being in my face all of the time.

William
12-13-2005, 07:12 PM
William did you see this line in the auction "Used for ~90 miles before realizing my girl parts needed something smushy."?

Caught it. ;)

William

cycleman_21
12-13-2005, 08:36 PM
What saddle? :D

Fixed
12-13-2005, 08:38 PM
bro sometimes i feel like a rat bein chased by a cat cheers :beer: :bike: :beer:

Kevan
12-13-2005, 09:40 PM
need I mention pictures of Sandy naked.

Ahneida Ride
12-13-2005, 10:12 PM
This advertizing sends a clear message to any red blooded American Male.
Find a girl and do her.

I am tired of this message. :crap:

I ask the question. Is this the way you want your sister, mother, daughter,
female friend, to be thought of ? :confused:

Keith A
12-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Ahneida Ride -- My point exactly!

Too Tall
12-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Personally, I pity the fool who would (shudder) disrespect my mom or older sister....the hospital bills would be enormous ;) and I do get your point.

BumbleBeeDave
12-14-2005, 06:48 AM
. . . What saddle? There’s a saddle in those pictures . . . ???

BBDave

andy mac
12-14-2005, 07:02 AM
don't buy it then. that seems to work!

note the women, probably not held at gunpoint, in the shot. it takes two to tango.

i miss europe...

iPaul
12-14-2005, 07:39 PM
I broke away from looking at the photo's just long enough to see the starting price, $69.99. This guy has more than riding a bike on his mind. :rolleyes:

ti_boi
12-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Maybe the pics were there so you wouldn't notice the small rips in the leather...I'm just sayin!!! hey if anyone is interested in a navy blue/baby blue Fiz:ik Aliante...message me...I went back to my Brooks. This thing is MINT! Ti bars, Leather and carbon Fiber...and I won't send along any a** shots!

Fixed
12-14-2005, 07:57 PM
bro what do you bet it's a dude seller i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

shinomaster
12-14-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't care, that model has one nice backside.

Keith A
12-14-2005, 09:16 PM
I was actually very interested in the saddle and contacted the seller about the blemishes. I could be wrong, but I do think the seller is a female based on her reply.

shinomaster
12-15-2005, 12:13 AM
does she have a sexy typing style? Do you feel a soft, sweet cooing through the keys?

d_douglas
12-15-2005, 12:15 AM
both to my intelligence and my sexuality. I am always on for a good laugh and some sexual innuendo, but I think this kind of stuff (advertising that I see at every bus shelter, in every magazine, for every car, with every latte (!) virtually every day of my life) reduces men to the appearance of being idiots that stop dead in their tracks at the site of what is not necessarily a beautiful or smart woman, but a barely clad woman.

I love the ladies (one in particular - had to throw that in 'else I'd get beaten with a rolling pin) but seeing a nice, anonymous *** beside a nice saddle makes me want to go get on my bike - not get horny.

Man, what a rant - I feel like a fundamentalist (for something - not sure what, in an effort not to offend anyone, even though I might already have done so) Really - I am a mellow and very liberal person, but I get disgruntled when my intellect has to endure this stuff. Whether the saddle was sold by a woman or not, I still feel the same way about it.

Now - I need to sit and watch a yoga video to relax. Oh wait - my wife's yoga video has a sexy, hot, barely clad instructor in it! I suppose I shouldn't watch it then.....

Over and out!

PS Ariones are ugly
PPS It's a freaking Sports Illustrated!! Why is she posing like that? Is it comfortable? I'd rather lay on the sand and read a book.
At least the seller could've modelled in her swimsuit.

d_douglas
12-15-2005, 01:07 AM
I need to get to work or go to bed. After my rant (see above) I looked on Ebay for that link that someone posted here last week with the woman modelling with a bunch of cheap bikes.

Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fuji-Sport-12-Maroon-Tall-Mans-Custom-Made-37-SO_W0QQitemZ7204657134QQcategoryZ98084QQcmdZViewIt em

At risk of offending someone on this forum who happens to be the husband, father, mother, girlfirend, whatever to this woman - she looks a bit sketchy to me. Not only do I think this form of advertising is degrading to women, but this affirms my earlier Email that many men are perceived is being motivated by one thing - or two things, in this case.

Props to the woman - she is surely a nice person, just trying to get a modelling contract, or some attention.

I have recently realized that computers are addictive like crystal meth - time to turn this addiction off and head to bed!

William
12-15-2005, 05:33 AM
Very simple.

No likey, no buy.....E.

William :beer:

Dr. Doofus
12-15-2005, 05:45 AM
*pictures* clipped from a magazine?

pathetic

want to sell the saddle?

get a real girl

really want to sell the saddle?

have a dog hold it

dogs sell

brianmcg321
12-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Here is more from the same seller. He's getting lots of people to look at his stuff though.

Look Here (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZblue-eyes1962QQhtZ-1)

Keith A
12-15-2005, 09:04 AM
d_douglas -- I completely agree with you. As I mentioned, I was interested in this particulare saddle but felt uncomfortable even looking at the auction with my wife and three girls around.

BTW, we discussed the seller blue-eyes1962 recently because of the "images" on their auctions. And to go along with that, here is a question posted and their response for one the auctions (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7204544044&fromMakeTrack=true):

Q: does Santa allow test rides? ; ) )
A: I will let you know in about 2 weeks, she is new, and she is a real college Track athlete on Scholarship, And those legs of hers are all muscle. Oh Yeah.

Which in my opinion, certainly isn't appropriate :no:

Dr. Doofus
12-15-2005, 09:33 AM
imho that blue eyes bro is mp

Keith A
12-15-2005, 09:36 AM
mp?

d_douglas
12-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Point taken, William - I am all for freedom from censorship. That aside, it is degrading to women and *maybe a little bit insulting* to my intelligence.

Maybe that's because I have limited supplies of the stuff!!

Signing off,

DD

PeterW
12-15-2005, 03:42 PM
about the Europe thing. Now, those ads are something to write home about. No plastic!

ti_boi
12-15-2005, 09:58 PM
d_douglas -- I completely agree with you. As I mentioned, I was interested in this particulare saddle but felt uncomfortable even looking at the auction with my wife and three girls around.

BTW, we discussed the seller blue-eyes1962 recently because of the "images" on their auctions. And to go along with that, here is a question posted and their response for one the auctions (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7204544044&fromMakeTrack=true):

Q: does Santa allow test rides? ; ) )
A: I will let you know in about 2 weeks, she is new, and she is a real college Track athlete on Scholarship, And those legs of hers are all muscle. Oh Yeah.

Which in my opinion, certainly isn't appropriate :no:

All I know is she needs a good colorist!
(Spoken like a guy who married a woman who clued me into what bad color looks like) :D

palincss
12-16-2005, 10:39 AM
both to my intelligence and my sexuality. I am always on for a good laugh and some sexual innuendo, but I think this kind of stuff (advertising that I see at every bus shelter, in every magazine, for every car, with every latte (!) virtually every day of my life) reduces men to the appearance of being idiots that stop dead in their tracks at the site of what is not necessarily a beautiful or smart woman, but a barely clad woman.

mr youse needn't be so spry
concernin questions arty

each has his tastes but as for i
i likes a certain party

gimme the he-man's solid bliss
for youse ideas i'll match youse

a pretty girl who naked is
is worth a million statues

-- e.e. cummings :beer:

rpm
12-16-2005, 01:59 PM
I happened to look on the Mavic website a few minutes ago. The English home page has a flash introduction with rotating pictures of riders. When you go there, check out the second picture in the sequence--you'll see an athletic young woman climbing out of the saddle, clearly using her impressive glutes. Viva la France!

http://www.mavic.com/