PDA

View Full Version : OT Sailor Jerry's rum and the Misfits

Mikej
06-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Never thought I would here the Misfits on a tv commercial - I'm totally fazed as a Dinosaur punk rocker -it actually was a truly unbelievable moment. I looked around my living room at my family, but they didn't get it. I ain't no GDSOB you better think about it baby.

echelon_john
06-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Like seeing Iggy in that stupid car ad. Say it ain't so, Joe!

echelon_john
06-17-2013, 08:38 PM
When I hear "See a little light" playing in some pseudo-green BP ad, the razor goes into the wrist.

jtakeda
06-17-2013, 09:39 PM
I remember radio birdman being in some tire commercial a few years back.

Also lady gaga wearing that GISM patch in music video.

learningtoride
06-17-2013, 10:24 PM
[

beeatnik
06-17-2013, 11:12 PM
First few times back in the late 90s when I heard an indie band or punk band in an ad (I mean it was a big deal to hear the Ramones being used to sell chet), I thought the world had shifted on its axis. Anyway, at some point I realized that the current generation of individuals who make decisions at ad agencies were prolly into the same cool chet I was into in college. Creative types, who woulda thunk it. What is old is new or something like that.

daker13
06-18-2013, 06:42 AM
I read an article about music in ads and it said that having your music played in an ad was actually a lot less painful than dealing with a lot of records labels: no one tries to change you, they just write you a check. (And, if it's a big company and you say no, they just hire some hacks to copy your sound anyway). so for a lot of bands with smaller audiences, they're happy to put their music in an ad, esp. when half the listeners are downloading their music for free.

FlashUNC
06-18-2013, 06:58 AM
I see it as a form of patronage, with corporate entities trying to cling to the persona. Good on them for making easy money.

Mikej
06-18-2013, 09:03 AM
I just cant believe Danzig signed off on it. But I guess he needed some new velvet in that coffin...hey we all need new velvet at some point or another. But how cool would the crimsen death skull lunch box be?

Hank Scorpio
06-18-2013, 09:18 AM
After Glenn Danzig left the Misfits does anyone really care? I saw the fakers once at the stone pony with Michael Graves fronting it wasn't the same although he looks very similar to GD. The best part of the show was Franche Coma's daughter.

bshell
06-18-2013, 10:38 AM
not at all surprised. Liked the Misfits but Glen Danzig always seemed like a self-important clown to me. Same goes for Henry Rollins...groan.

Any MSNBC watchers annoyed by the musical snippet intros/outros on some of the news programs? I know they are trying to appeal to my age group and 'entertain' me but I just want some news.

learningtoride
06-18-2013, 02:18 PM