PDA

View Full Version : Cruising to Bermuda -- Bike Rental?

Nooch
06-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Anybody ever happen to rent a (pedal) bike in Bermuda? Is it worth it? Enough riding to bother for three days?

Figure I need to offset the eating I'll be doing on the cruise somehow....

christian
06-17-2013, 11:38 AM
bda_ghisallo is the man to ask about this - he lives there. He seems to like it, but my experience from when I was working there was that I'd find a different sport. I ended up riding the same out and back A LOT.

christian
06-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Oh yeah, and the rental bikes are old Trek MTBs. My Pegoretti got an island vacation out of the deal, at least.

rwsaunders
06-17-2013, 11:59 AM
A moped is your friend in Bermuda.

BdaGhisallo
06-17-2013, 01:15 PM
You can rent bikes from Winners Edge on Front St in Hamilton, but they are just low level Trek hybrid bikes. You can also rent from some of the moped rental places, but their bikes are crap.

The riding can be nice here. The weather is good, the roads are small, and the speed limit is 30mph. However, some of my fellow Bermudians are idiots when it comes to driving, and you really have to have your wits about you if you cycle on some of the busier roads. Couple that with the fact that you'll be cycling on the left hand side of the road instead of the right side you are accustomed to.

I guess if you are cruising here, it'll be easier to bring your bike?

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask or drop me a PM.

Geoff

Nooch
06-17-2013, 01:20 PM
You can rent bikes from Winners Edge on Front St in Hamilton, but they are just low level Trek hybrid bikes. You can also rent from some of the moped rental places, but their bikes are crap.

The riding can be nice here. The weather is good, the roads are small, and the speed limit is 30mph. However, some of my fellow Bermudians are idiots when it comes to driving, and you really have to have your wits about you if you cycle on some of the busier roads. Couple that with the fact that you'll be cycling on the left hand side of the road instead of the right side you are accustomed to.

I guess if you are cruising here, it'll be easier to bring your bike?

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask or drop me a PM.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff -- I haven't checked if it'd be okay to bring a bike on board -- also don't know if I'd have the means of transport to get it to the port.. but it could be worth looking into!