PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France coverage on television in USA

Tommasini53
06-16-2013, 10:20 PM
First, I am not a cable subscriber. and never will be!!

I'm curious who is covering the TDF in the U.S. market????

I have not kept up on who has purchased who in the cable industry. I don't mind paying a subscription to watch the TDF online,,,but i will not subscribe to cable to watch... is it going to be the NBCsports fiassco again, please i hope there is another option. I hope there is a subscription, internet option?!? Any have details?:help:

dave thompson
06-16-2013, 10:33 PM
NBCSports...on cable.

Elefantino
06-16-2013, 11:08 PM
We have cable but I watch it on Eurosport from Steephill or Cyclingfans. Better announcers. By a ton.

Tommasini53
06-17-2013, 06:13 AM
NBCSports...on cable.

the problem i've encountered is that networks such as nbc cater to the cable companies...and in the past two years espn and nbc sports have required "online" viewing only if you have a cable subscription account.

I agree that Eurosport coverage is far superior I only wish it offered a subscription option so that I could watch the full broadcast anytime.

oldpotatoe
06-17-2013, 07:16 AM
First, I am not a cable subscriber. and never will be!!

I'm curious who is covering the TDF in the U.S. market????

I have not kept up on who has purchased who in the cable industry. I don't mind paying a subscription to watch the TDF online,,,but i will not subscribe to cable to watch... is it going to be the NBCsports fiassco again, please i hope there is another option. I hope there is a subscription, internet option?!? Any have details?:help:

How do you get your internet at home? Cable?

FlashUNC
06-17-2013, 07:39 AM
the problem i've encountered is that networks such as nbc cater to the cable companies

NBC is a cable company. Now 100% owned by Comcast.

Tommasini53
06-19-2013, 07:23 AM
How do you get your internet at home? Cable?

DSL...we don't have cable, just free tv.

Based on what i've seen on NBCsports website, they are going to require a cable t.v. account number to recive the online streaming.:mad:

sjbraun
06-19-2013, 07:40 AM
We have cable but I watch it on Eurosport from Steephill or Cyclingfans. Better announcers. By a ton.

How do you access these sites. Whenever I try to view races on either of them, I get a message saying the content isn't available.

kramnnim
06-19-2013, 07:54 AM
How do you access these sites. Whenever I try to view races on either of them, I get a message saying the content isn't available.

There are usually a number of links, and often some do not work, but I've always been able to find a working stream. Sometimes you have to get the links from the site hosting the stream (sportlemon, hahasport, etc)

kurto
06-19-2013, 08:26 AM
DSL...we don't have cable, just free tv.

Based on what i've seen on NBCsports website, they are going to require a cable t.v. account number to recive the online streaming.:mad:

Your best bet is probably going to be to find a friend that subscribes and have him or her create a login that you can use. You may not like their tv coverage, but with NBC Sports' online coverage, you can view it live on a computer or cellphone quite easily.