PDA

View Full Version : pawnshop luck

enr1co
06-16-2013, 01:56 PM
I need to find this Miami pawnshop- perhaps they'll also have an original 57' Stratocaster available for $750 mistaken for a Squire model.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/colnago/need-help-iding-colnago-306952.html

Kupe
06-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Almost wonder if it's hot (stolen). Why would a bike like that be at a pawn shop???

enr1co
06-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Almost wonder if it's hot (stolen). Why would a bike like that be at a pawn shop???

Definitely something that makes you go "hmmmm"....

RedRider
06-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Something is very wrong if that Ottanta really showed up in a pawn shop...
All it would take is a simple Google search for the shop to realize what it was. Same with the bike shop. Even someone working in the bicycle dept at Walmart would recognize Colnago and/or Campagnolo as something of value. Someone's a liar and/or a thief!

tuscanyswe
06-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Yeah seems very weird!

I mean the pawnshop owner have no idea what its worth but he should know what he took it in for which is most likely less than the 750 he owed.

No rightful owner of that bike would leave it at a pawnshop for those sums. Smells fishy to say the least!

4Rings6Stars
06-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Looks like a troll thread to me.

John H.
06-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Could be true. A buddy of mine had all his bike stuff stolen from his garage.
A pile of Zipp wheels, and a couple Specialized prototype bikes- 20-30k of gear.
It all showed up on ebay via some pawnshop in Sacramento.

thirdgenbird
06-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Looks like a troll thread to me.

The line of moots bikes doesn't fit his story.

Matthew
06-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Can't believe that shop new nothing about that bike. Like mentioned before you can clearly see the Moots YBB sitting there as well as the Cervelo bike box to the left. And no one knew what a Colnago with EPS was? Yeah, right. I say troll for sure. Looks like that bike has never been ridden.

MattyMo
06-17-2013, 01:54 AM
this looks like someone trying to post a thread to feel like a big guy, i truly doubt his story is true...

John H, do you know what pawn shop it was in Sacramento?

downtube
06-17-2013, 07:47 AM
it looks like a photo of a bike shop not a pawn shop.

Ardan MacNessa
06-17-2013, 09:04 AM
The photo was taken in the original poster's local bicycle shop where his guys are looking it over without a clue as to what it is.

ohpossum had 2 posts in July and Oct of 2005. Then out of nowhere he posts 4 years later during Aug 2009, couple more times in 2010, and then a couple more in 2011... Could be someone's sock puppet on RoadBikeReview.

Seeing it's a limited edition Colnago, I'm sure if it was stolen there would be people stepping up to call the bike out.

RedRider said it best. Any Pawn Shop would have the internet and a couple easily google strokes away using the model number would expose it's retail value -new and it's rarity. ohpossum obvious has a computer... he too could have as easily googled it.

It only took me 3 seconds

Limited Edition Colnago C59 Ottanta (http://roadcyclinguk.com/news/limited-edition-colnago-c59-ottanta-unveiled.html)

''In the cycling community there are certain bikes that have a status to them; they just perform really well,'' the managing director of the Urban Cyclist in the Sydney suburb of Rosebery, Craig Klement, says. He's referring specifically to the gold-coloured Colnago C59 Ottanta he has hanging on the wall. Its price tag is $17,000 and there are a number of semi-serious offers. Released in February this year, this bike is one of only 80 produced in the world to celebrate the 80th birthday of Ernesto Colnago, a figure who is to cycling what Enzo Ferrari is to motorsport.

Like the Parlee, the Colnago C59 is made of carbon-fibre and features electronic gearing - in this case the Campagnolo Super Record EPS group set. Only 17 have been allocated to Australia and Klement has another one on the way, made to fit the bio-mechanics of a prospective buyer.

Read more: Rare (http://www.smh.com.au/money/investing/come-in-spinners-20120501-1xvkz.html#ixzz2WTws1D6u)

jr59
06-17-2013, 09:31 AM
The photo was taken in the original poster's local bicycle shop where his guys are looking it over without a clue as to what it is.

ohpossum had 2 posts in July and Oct of 2005. Then out of nowhere he posts 4 years later during Aug 2009, couple more times in 2010, and then a couple more in 2011... Could be someone's sock puppet on RoadBikeReview.

Seeing it's a limited edition Colnago, I'm sure if it was stolen there would be people stepping up to call the bike out.

RedRider said it best. Any Pawn Shop would have the internet and a couple easily google strokes away using the model number would expose it's retail value -new and it's rarity. ohpossum obvious has a computer... he too could have as easily googled it.

It only took me 3 seconds

Limited Edition Colnago C59 Ottanta (http://roadcyclinguk.com/news/limited-edition-colnago-c59-ottanta-unveiled.html)

Correct!

Also, At least in the 2 states that I have owned a pawn shop, All pawns and buys are reported to the police and held before they can be sold! Every week for over 13 years now I have mailed copies of all my tickets into the local police! express mail and I know each other very well!

Mistakes are at times made with the pricing of things. But the internet is a tool that has made my life a bit easier!

I doubt this is a real story at all.