PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the Queue

sjbraun
06-14-2013, 01:53 PM
I had a chance to meet with Steve Hampsten at the palatial Hampco Towers earlier this week. We had an interesting visit, talking about bikes, life and what I want in a ride.

And now I'm in line for a Strada Bianca!

Not trying to boast, but you folks will understand the excitement I'm feeling better than most anyone else.

-Steve

jmoore
06-14-2013, 02:06 PM
very nice. you will enjoy the entire process

CNY rider
06-14-2013, 02:20 PM
very nice. you will enjoy the entire process

Agree, my interactions with Steve have all been smooth. Classy guy.

David Kirk
06-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Very cool - I agree with the above.......enjoy the process.

dave

jmoore
06-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Agree, my interactions with Steve have all been smooth. Classy guy.

I haven't dealt with Steve specifically, but the entire custom process is super fun with whoever you deal with.

CNY rider
06-14-2013, 03:11 PM
I haven't dealt with Steve specifically, but the entire custom process is super fun with whoever you deal with.

If that's your experience then you've been very fortunate in life.

zmudshark
06-14-2013, 03:22 PM
If that's your experience then you've been very fortunate in life.

He just got a Bedford, I'm sure it was as he described, 'super fun'. On top of that, I follow him on Strava, and he is riding better than ever. Must be the bike ;)

tv_vt
06-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Me too - I'm really in 'the queue:' http://www.hampsten.blogspot.com/

Up Next, Number 8! And that was a few weeks ago:)

avalonracing
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
That is why I won't let myself go to any builders shops. When I went to NAHBS in Richmond I was close to saying "Okay, let's do this" to about five different builders just from looking at their work and talking to the men behind it. They weren't even trying to sell me, we were just chatting.
Even if they were pushing their wares hardcore I'm a pretty tough sell and an informed consumer. But still if Wages, Kirk, the guys from Erickson, etc would have said, "So Robb, I'd love to make YOU a bike" I probably would have caved.

ultratoad
06-14-2013, 05:00 PM
That is why I won't let myself go to any builders shops. When I went to NAHBS in Richmond I was close to saying "Okay, let's do this" to about five different builders just from looking at their work and talking to the men behind it. They weren't even trying to sell me, we were just chatting.
Even if they were pushing their wares hardcore I'm a pretty tough sell and an informed consumer. But still if Wages, Kirk, the guys from Erickson, etc would have said, "So Robb, I'd love to make YOU a bike" I probably would have caved.

I feel your pain.... Too much great stuff....

zetroc
06-14-2013, 05:45 PM
You'll love it.

choke
06-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Congrats...dealing with Steve has been a pleasure. My SB is close to being finished and shortly off to be painted.