PDA

View Full Version : OT: I think Bilichek has lost it

Bruce K
06-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Tebow ...... REALLY ?!?!?!!!!!

BK

Climb01742
06-10-2013, 04:40 PM
I hope Tebow gets a fair shot, nothing more, nothing less. He got screwed last year by the idiotic Jets. In many ways, the Pats might be the best, fairest team to give Tebow a chance to prove he can play or not. With Brady and Belichek, there won't be a circus. Just a fair shot. Good on everyone.

Bradford
06-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Come on Bruce, you didn't see this coming? Bill has liked him since college. The Pats give up nothing, sign him for short money, and then figure out a way to use him.

Now the AFC championship ends in only one of two ways. Welker catches a touchdown in the slot from Manning to beat the Pats or the Patriot's 4th string tight end, Tim Tebow, makes a catch and runs in the final touchdown against the Broncos.

Bruce K
06-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Or the Zpatriots 4th string tight end, Tim Tebow:

a. Takes an end around and throws a TD

b. Takes a direct snap while in motion and throws a TD

c. See b but pitches back to Brady who then throws back to Tebow for a TD

OR

d. Some combo of above

BK

maunahaole
06-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Slot receiver or option RB. I sure don't want him throwing the ball unless he has made some significant changes. Tebow's best game is carrying the ball and drilling people. I pity the DB who has to solo tackle him. I also hope that his evangelical circus is kept to a minimum.

firerescuefin
06-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm a HUGE Tebow fan..have been since 2006...and am a Bronco fan as well. I am very happy he is going to a great organization, with a coach that is smart enough to exploit his strengths and work on his weaknesses as a specialty player. He is 0 threat to Brady and will be a selfless teammate there. I am happy for him.

Bradford
06-10-2013, 05:03 PM
How about Tebow, playing linebacker, tackles Welker on the one yard line as time expires! :banana::banana:

buddybikes
06-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Why not as a running back?

cnighbor1
06-10-2013, 05:12 PM
who is Bilichek

Climb01742
06-10-2013, 05:18 PM
With Gronk spending more time in the hospital than the field, Tebow has TE size. Can he catch? Can he run reverses to run or pass? OC josh mcdaniels will find some unexpected wrinkles.

93legendti
06-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm a Michgan guy....Tom Brady was picked in the 6th round...look at what BB did with him...

tele
06-10-2013, 05:32 PM
With Gronk spending more time in the hospital than the field, Tebow has TE size. Can he catch? Can he run reverses to run or pass? OC josh mcdaniels will find some unexpected wrinkles.
thats why they stole Ballard from the Giants last year. I dont think Tebow has the speed, quickness or hands to play TE.
I would be mildly surprised if Tebow is anything more than training camp fodder. If he somehow makes it on the roster maybe emergency qb on game days.

I feel like this is his Hoodiness' way of sticking to the media after the Yahoo report that he "hated" Tebow and forced The Hooded One to comment.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3674/9010202427_8825a199d0.jpg

vqdriver
06-10-2013, 05:39 PM
well, the pats love their tight ends. and with both hernandez and gronk injured/convalescing, it makes sense that they look for an alternative. at least as a possible option. one with value, even better.

FlashUNC
06-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Interesting given the discussion from the Tebow camp that he wants to be nothing but a QB.

I don't see how he fits, but as others have mentioned, he's signed for low money and he's nothing but upside at this point.

Just don't ask him to ever throw anything. Holy moly.

wooly
06-10-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm happy for the guy. He's getting a true shot in a quality organization. if he doesn't make it here he had his opportunity. It will be interesting to see how Coach uses him.

Ralph
06-10-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm a Tebow fan, but not a football fan. (not a church goer either). Just like him. And I don't know anything about NFL attendance. I think signing Tebow is just good business...and it is a business. He'll fill up the stands, get you a lot of new press, especially if he's playing.

vqdriver
06-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Interesting given the discussion from the Tebow camp that he wants to be nothing but a QB.

I don't see how he fits, but as others have mentioned, he's signed for low money and he's nothing but upside at this point.

Just don't ask him to ever throw anything. Holy moly.

well, i'm getting that from this quote:

The Patriots will have Tebow study with the team's tight ends, according to CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman. "Tebow won't exclusively study TE. But he's also not just going to study QB," Freeman tweeted.

who knows, since there was no other option, it sounds like the possibility of playing backup qb, however small, is better than leaving the league entirely. seems like he'll end up third on the depth chart.

if anything, he'll get a legitimate chance and the pats will get a hard worker. the sport has enough clowns and jerks, so i'm happy with it simply because he seems like a nice guy. whether his morals stem from his faith or otherwise is beside the point.

biker72
06-10-2013, 06:16 PM
I hope Tebow gets a fair shot, nothing more, nothing less. He got screwed last year by the idiotic Jets. In many ways, the Pats might be the best, fairest team to give Tebow a chance to prove he can play or not. With Brady and Belichek, there won't be a circus. Just a fair shot. Good on everyone.

+1
I hope he gets a fair shot too after the Jets fiasco.

maunahaole
06-10-2013, 06:17 PM
"Jets fiasco" is redundant.

cfox
06-10-2013, 06:32 PM
-he's a talented athlete that is a student of the game, Pats love guys like that even without an immediate role to fill.
-Belichick has always loved the guy, also buddies with Urban Meyer
-Tebow knows he has no chance in the universe to start at QB, but goes from a bottom 3 franchise (in terms of how it's run) to the most well run franchise in the NFL.
-Gronk will be more of a cyborg than human assuming he even plays next year, Tebow has potential to help out at TE (not saying he can replace Gronk).
-He's cheap
-Kraft will sell a metric ton of jerseys
-no brainer for the Pats

pbarry
06-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Why not as a running back?

Exactly. That's where he should have been all along since the draft. Not a fan of Belichik, but I'll definitely watch more Pat's games with TT in the mix.

Climb01742
06-10-2013, 06:50 PM
"Jets fiasco" is redundant.

Good one, sir.;)

edward12
06-10-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm somewhat indifferent to Tebow (because I'm a a Raider fan and possess an irrational hatred of the Broncos) but despite his almost insurmountable issues at the QB position he does have one intangible quality that makes him an asset on any team - leadership. Players just play a little better with him in the mix. The guy just knows how to win. Also, he's also enormously physically gifted - I saw him play with the Bronco's at Oakland and he exhibited quite a presence on the field. Ultimately, Tebow is a hard worker and team player. Belichick made a good, rational choice with this athlete and will undoubtedly develop and utilize him effectively.

maunahaole
06-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Good one, sir.;)

Low hanging fruit.

Len J
06-10-2013, 07:47 PM
He doesn't last through trying camp.....especially as a QB. No way they waste a roster spot on him unless he is willing to give up on being a QB.....and even if he does, they don't use a fullback, so that leaves TE.......does anyone know if he can catch in traffic?

I'm betting he's gone before the first game.

Len

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

crownjewelwl
06-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Brilliant move

Just phucking with the jets

djg21
06-10-2013, 07:53 PM
He doesn't last through trying camp.....especially as a QB. No way they waste a roster spot on him unless he is willing to give up on being a QB.....and even if he does, they don't use a fullback, so that leaves TE.......does anyone know if he can catch in traffic?

Len

I can only hope . . . or root for Welker and the Donkeys.

Len J
06-10-2013, 07:56 PM
I can only hope . . . or root for Welker and the Donkeys.

He may end up as the opposing QB on the scout team Watch his contract. If it just the 4 yr minimum w little bonus they are just taking a flyer.

tch
06-10-2013, 07:59 PM
... is a Tebow supporter. He's already said in other places that he can teach the mechanics of QB to gifted athletes. He saw Tebow up close & personal in his time w/the Broncos.
It may not all work out, but it's more than a simple publicity stunt, like it was with the J*ts.

wc1934
06-10-2013, 08:16 PM
McDaniels likes him (didn't he draft him #1), stadium is already sold out (so not trying to generate ticket sales), and Pats don't allow their players to speak openly to the press, so it won't be a circus like in NY. Obviously he is not competing for Brady's job, so where does he play (TE or fullback).
No one else picked him up, so not much of a risk - if he does not work out you know he will be released - the have done that with some of their most loyal players - its a business and and if you no longer fit into their plans your out.

daker13
06-10-2013, 08:21 PM
I remember coming on this board during the Tebow-mania when he was with the Broncos...boy, I really didn't like him then: all the hot air from ESPN, etc. I thought he was all hype and no substance, and way, way overrated.

But now that he's endured a year of being screwed by the Jets, I kind of like the guy. While I don't think he's a franchise qb who's going to revolutionize the game, Tebow certainly seems like he's earned SOME kind of place in the NFL, hasn't he? And while I get that Rex Ryan was afraid of shaking Sanchez's confidence, I don't see why he didn't play Tebow more, given what a lousy season the Jets were having: what did Ryan have to lose?

As a die-hard Pats fan, a straight up 'trust in Bill' guy, I'll tell you why the Pats took Tebow: good value. This guy was ready to go play in Canada; the money was short enough for Bill to roll the dice on him. I do think Belichik honestly respects Tebow a lot and I do think he's honestly going to try to fit him in. At the end of the day, though, the Pats are ruthless about their roster, which is always tight and makes little room for sentiment, and if Tebow doesn't perform, they'll definitely cut him.

beercan
06-10-2013, 08:26 PM
im not a pat or bilicheck fan but he knows what he is doing, with gronkowski having five surgeries now, they will find tebow something to do, tight end makes sense to me, will be fun to watch

daker13
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Also a couple quick predictions: I'd expect to see Tebow at qb, rb, te and fb, but also on defense--a total Belichik move. And when reporters ask Belichik about Tebow, BB's going to praise him but also direct the conversation to all the young guys at camp that no one's asking him about.

saab2000
06-10-2013, 08:40 PM
. This guy was ready to go play in Canada;

The CFL would have been a disaster for Tim Tebow. It's a very different game from the NFL game. Faster paced, much bigger field, three downs and it's fundamentally a passing game. If he was going to go there as a QB he would have been eaten alive.

I'm not a TT hater either. But the CFL is not his home. The Patriots are the only place he can go, but what a place. After Green Bay, it's a pretty well run team..... :D

Bill Bellicheat will be able to keep the media at bay and keep the discipline within the team pretty tight. Tebow will get his shot. Elway didn't want him and in NY Rex Ryan just likes a circus and the attention, but it's a mediocre franchise really. Tim Tebow may actually succeed in the NFL with some guidance and some recognition that he's not starting QB material in the NFL. His quickness and accuracy of the throw is not there and his read of defenses and his progressions are non-existent it seems. He's in way over his head as a starting QB if you ask this guy. I'm just a fan, but have watched a lot of football in my lifetime and TT seems like a possibly really good football player, but not a really good QB. We'll see what happens. I'm glad he's got a job.

firerescuefin
06-10-2013, 08:41 PM

Len

Care to wager on that...something fun?

rwsaunders
06-10-2013, 08:52 PM
At the end of the day he's a gifted athlete that draws a lot of media attention and not in a bad way. Tickets may be sold out in Foxboro but jerseys sales bring in the shekels too.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanriper/2013/05/06/americas-most-influential-athletes-2

http://www.nflshop.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11233129

pbarry
06-10-2013, 09:09 PM

Playoff tickets are nice.

Len J
06-10-2013, 09:11 PM

Sure...what you thinking?

Len

FlashUNC
06-10-2013, 10:54 PM
The media circus isn't worth the fact he brings zilch to the field.

He looks like Garo Yepremian trying to throw.

Maybe he breaks camp as an umpteenth string tight end, but I really doubt it.

soulspinner
06-11-2013, 05:10 AM

Bam, total agreement. Hes a football player with a great work ethic and a positive attitude. This may be the best fit. Like him or not, Bill B gets a lot out of players as they conform to his method.

verticaldoug
06-11-2013, 05:38 AM
I always liked Tebow. I thought he had that intangible quality called Winning. The Jets have that intangible quality called losing. Losing attitude, losing coach etc etc. The Jets sucked the winning right out of him.

Now if the Jets can just get rid of Rex Ryan. He is like Isiah Thomas was with the Knicks. Around much too long and brings perennial disappointment. Fish rots from the head.

harlond
06-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Tim Tebow may actually succeed in the NFL with some guidance and some recognition that he's not starting QB material in the NFL. His quickness and accuracy of the throw is not there and his read of defenses and his progressions are non-existent it seems. He's in way over his head as a starting QB if you ask this guy. I'm just a fan, but have watched a lot of football in my lifetime and TT seems like a possibly really good football player, but not a really good QB. We'll see what happens. I'm glad he's got a job.The Broncos coaching staff must be awfully good to win a playoff game with Tebow.

saab2000
06-11-2013, 08:01 AM
The Broncos coaching staff must be awfully good to win a playoff game with Tebow.

They were good. And he was surrounded by good players. I'm not ripping him. He's an NFL caliber player and he's participated in winning games and his team beat the mighty Steelers in the playoffs. No mean feat. But he didn't win games alone and he'd be the first to admit that.

I hope he succeeds even though I'm not a Pats fan. It's hard to not like Tim Tebow. But as a QB he's not in the same league as a Tom Brady or Payton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. That said, I think it was a terrible shame he never got the chance last year in NY after Sanchez imploded. He should have been given the ball for the last few games of the season.

FlashUNC
06-11-2013, 08:07 AM
I always liked Tebow. I thought he had that intangible quality called Winning. The Jets have that intangible quality called losing. Losing attitude, losing coach etc etc. The Jets sucked the winning right out of him.

Now if the Jets can just get rid of Rex Ryan. He is like Isiah Thomas was with the Knicks. Around much too long and brings perennial disappointment. Fish rots from the head.

So, those back-to-back AFC title games for the Jets were part of that "perennial disappointment?"

If so, this Browns fan would gladly trade for that kind of letdown.

The team's dysfunctional with a nutbag owner and had a tough couple seasons. They were in win-now mode, screwed their cap situtation to do it and couldn't quite get over the hump. Such is life in the NFL.

Len J
06-11-2013, 01:25 PM
So, those back-to-back AFC title games for the Jets were part of that "perennial disappointment?"

If so, this Browns fan would gladly trade for that kind of letdown.

The team's dysfunctional with a nutbag owner and had a tough couple seasons. They were in win-now mode, screwed their cap situtation to do it and couldn't quite get over the hump. Such is life in the NFL.

You forgot "........and bet on a starting QB that was second rate." Set them back significantly IMO.

Len