PDA

View Full Version : New D2s and first ride back...

Ryun
06-08-2013, 05:35 PM
The rain finally cleared up after pouring all week and I was able to get out on the Saturday morning group ride. 45 hard miles was probably a bit much after 6 weeks of being sedentary but I was so stoked to be back on the bike.

Arm felt ok although some washboard sections were no fun but what really suprised me was the atrophy in the rest of the arm and shoulder. By the end of the ride I had a twinge in the shoulder and so much fatigue in that arm Im glad I didnt have to shift the front chainring. I may hunt up some more padded gloves until it heals a bit more. The combination of Lizard Skin 1.8 and Giro Zero gloves werent helping. Tomorrow morning will be the real test.
Going to see how the legs and the arm recover overnight

Did get a little sunburn on the scar

Now just gotta get rid of the residual fatness from doing nothing.

Also was my first ride on my new d2s. MY last pair was 4 (hard) years old. The buckles were rusted and they were looking shabby but the accident finally killed them so I ordered a new pair right after surgery.
After trying to fit into every cool pro shoe, I am resolved that for my super wide high arches nothing is better than the d2s. Killer quality and service. Quick turnaround too. I just wish they would do speedplay specific soles.

Went with lime green this time and the heat reflective soles. Lime green goes with my svelte/luxewheels and embro kit so i was looking all pro today. Albeit a salt and pepper fat pro.

Its good to be back. Now I am just hoping to patch together enough fitness for a reasonable cross season this fall

firerescuefin
06-08-2013, 05:39 PM
I assume?...thoughts?

Ryun
06-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Actually I took the Cazzo out. Bigger wheels, longer wheelbase, softer in general.

The respo has its maiden voyage tomorrow

shovelhd
06-08-2013, 07:13 PM
What injury are you recovering from?

Ryun
06-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Broke my left arm in a sprint
Got some new titanium hardware in there

Fishbike
06-08-2013, 07:37 PM

How does titanium in your arm compare to steel or carbon in your arm?:rolleyes:

Congrats on getting back on the bike!

Climb01742
06-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Best wishes on your return to riding and those shoes rock!

stien
06-08-2013, 08:02 PM
I missed this but glad you're alright. I busted my elbow joint a year and a half ago and it's going to be popping and hurting forever.

And yeah, T-Rex arms are funny.

BumbleBeeDave
06-08-2013, 08:06 PM
. . . in getting back to tip top shape!

Those D2's are gonna look so killah with the Embro kit! . . .

BBD

shovelhd
06-08-2013, 08:18 PM

Ouch.

I am currently recovering from a grade 3+ shoulder separation. If it doesn't stabilize, titanium may be in my future as well.

Best of luck to you.

binxnyrwarrsoul
06-09-2013, 04:07 AM
Those shoes are damn hot. Make my Vernice white Ergo2's (which I in no way can pull off) look down right pedestrian. That green is the t*ts.

dekindy
06-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Sharp. Always glad to hear that someone is able to get back on the bike.

gearguywb
06-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Glad to hear you are back riding!

soulspinner
06-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Those shoes on the Respo-ooohhh. Glad your back, now the rubba stays down.:cool:

FlashUNC
06-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Careful about the shoulder issues from someone who's been there.

After my elbow reconstruction, I was back riding six weeks later, but was all slumped over the bike and all out of whack compensating for my weak arm. Result, of all things, was knee problems on the same side.