PDA

View Full Version : OT: And we wonder why our society is doomed

Louis
06-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Dunkin' Donuts is going nationwide with its "Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich." That's fried eggs and bacon between a split glazed doughnut.

I had to check to make sure this wasn't an Onion gag, but apparently it's for real. Where's the barf smiley?

http://images.totalbeauty.com/uploads/editorial/assets/thumb/dunkin-donut-bacon-sandswich-post.jpg

MattTuck
06-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Atleast it is a split glazed donut and not a full donut on the top and the bottom :banana:

Louis
06-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Atleast it is a split glazed donut and not a full donut on the top and the bottom :banana:

That'll be the "HungryMan" option.

akelman
06-07-2013, 07:45 PM
The Good Morning Burger is here at last! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yikWrRmlaYo)

godfrey1112000
06-07-2013, 08:00 PM
A brief history, enjoy June 7, 2013
:help:

http://donutdayusa.com/

pbarry
06-07-2013, 08:01 PM
If one does physical labor all day, that 1,200+ calorie meal might keep you going 'till lunch. Whatever. Don't buy one if it puts you off.

cash05458
06-07-2013, 08:02 PM
it's total crap like this that makes this country great...I have done my best to accept that...go with the flow of doom and destruction and embrace it as it is inevitable...this new government subsidized high fructose breakfast sammy just speeds that up :banana:

rugbysecondrow
06-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Looks delicious to me.

Seramount
06-07-2013, 08:13 PM
you are what you eat...

if you eat that pile of crap, then you're...well, you figure it out.

cash05458
06-07-2013, 08:13 PM
BTW...the "glazing" on that thing looks abit suspicious to me...

Tony T
06-07-2013, 08:22 PM

“You know what’d be good on this burger? A ham sandwich. Instead of a bun, let’s use two donuts. That way we can have it for breakfast. Look out McGriddle-here comes the donut-ham-hamburger!” -- Jim Gaffigan

rugbysecondrow
06-07-2013, 08:28 PM
you are what you eat...

if you eat that pile of crap, then you're...well, you figure it out.

In fairness to some, this isn't worse than eating 2-3 donuts with coffee or even two bagels with cream cheese. If they eat this sandwich with the added egg and bacon for protein, that is a healthier option.

I think I have convinced myself this is a health food.

witcombusa
06-07-2013, 09:04 PM
To each there own...I enjoyed more than a few donuts for donut day :banana:

If they offend you simply don't eat any

sailorboy
06-07-2013, 09:34 PM
just get it with the egg WHITES option and you're all set...

4Rings6Stars
06-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Is it just the concept that bothers people? The sausage egg and cheese biscuit and croissant have twice the fat and calories...

TPetsch
06-07-2013, 10:00 PM
...That come with a side of Heart Disease?

Vientomas
06-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Eat up, life is short.

rounder
06-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Dunkin donuts has good coffee. What does Smiley have to do with it.

Bikerist
06-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I didn't realize we are doomed?

TPetsch
06-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Dunkin donuts has good coffee. What does Smiley have to do with it.

I seem to be in the minority here but DD Coffee taste strange and acidy to me.

wildboar
06-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Check out the last item in Steve Tilford's post a few days ago:

http://stevetilford.com/2013/06/05/allergies-2/

"I saw that Dunkin Donuts is making a breakfast sandwich with an egg, bacon, layered by a donut. I wouldn’t be adverse to eating this. They say it only has 360 calories, less than a blueberry muffin they sell. Weird."

aoe
06-07-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm pretty hungry right now. I'd eat it if it was in front of me.

Louis
06-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Is it just the concept that bothers people? The sausage egg and cheese biscuit and croissant have twice the fat and calories...

For me the main issue is the glazed donut + bacon. IMO that's just not a natural combination.

The second issue is the combination of stuff that's both naturally enticing and bad for you. The unholy trio - fat, sugar and salt, all together in one gut-busting combo. You know that no real man will eat just one.

Sure, I've eaten way worse stuff in terms of total calories or fat content, say a good sized piece of cheesecake, or several slices of deep-dish pizza, or a generous restaurant-sized portion of pasta with white sauce. For me each of those, however bad they might be, are natural items. Bacon in a glazed donut is not.

It's a free country, eat what you like. I'll pass on this one.

TPetsch
06-08-2013, 02:27 AM
Not so different from Bacon W/ pancakes & Syrup IMO. But I still wouldn't eat it.

For me the main issue is the glazed donut + bacon. IMO that's just not a natural combination.

The second issue is the combination of stuff that's both naturally enticing and bad for you. The unholy trio - fat, sugar and salt, all together in one gut-busting combo. You know that no real man will eat just one.

Sure, I've eaten way worse stuff in terms of total calories or fat content, say a good sized piece of cheesecake, or several slices of deep-dish pizza, or a generous restaurant-sized portion of pasta with white sauce. For me each of those, however bad they might be, are natural items. Bacon in a glazed donut is not.

slidey
06-08-2013, 02:43 AM
Eat this up, and life will decidedly be short :rolleyes:

Eat up, life is short.

binxnyrwarrsoul
06-08-2013, 04:08 AM
I had to check to make sure this wasn't an Onion gag, but apparently it's for real. Where's the barf smiley?

http://images.totalbeauty.com/uploads/editorial/assets/thumb/dunkin-donut-bacon-sandswich-post.jpg

We're deep frying twinkies and oreos, and eating triple whoppers, why would something like this be surprising?

The "sandwich" in of itself is gross enough. How is it prepared is worse. Notice there's no grill in DD? Any eggs they make are in sealed plastic, usually frozen. Same with the bacon. Everything made hot is microwaved. Donuts aren't made there, either, they come from huge commercial bakeries, and are delivered. I personally like their coffee, but the people who work there can't seem to make it right. DD is popular because people seem to think it's cheap, quick and good. But a decent NY deli is about the same price, has better coffee, is pretty quick and very good.

"Where's the barf smiley?" William?

rugbysecondrow
06-08-2013, 06:14 AM
The biggest drawback to this sandwich is the stickiness factor. It seems like a mess to eat and many people who get sandwiches like this eat them in a car...double fail.

That said, I am going by dunkin donuts this morning, I woke up with a hankering for donuts...wonder why? :)

fuzzalow
06-08-2013, 06:28 AM
We're deep frying twinkies and oreos, and eating triple whoppers, why would something like this be surprising?

Um, I like triple whoppers :eek:, LOL I like the whoppers from Burger King more than I like the crowd I gotta stand in line with when I'm in there to get one. So I'm a snob who also sometimes eats garbage food, I admit it.:)

But I ride good bikes.:rolleyes:

4Rings6Stars
06-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Um, I like triple whoppers :eek:, LOL I like the whoppers from Burger King more than I like the crowd I gotta stand in line with when I'm in there to get one. So I'm a snob who also sometimes eats garbage food, I admit it.:)

But I ride good bikes.:rolleyes:

I treat myself to fast food about once a month. I will alternate between a number 1 at Micky D's or a number 1 at Burger King. Both w/o cheese (not to try to make it healthy, just that the plastic like cheese there adds no flavor and frightens me more than the "beef").

I consider myself a food snob to some extent and do 99% of my shopping at Whole Foods and Trader Joes....but man I love me some fast food once in a while. It is probably nostalgia more than anything else...

Now that I think of it, I am overdue for a Big Mac... I blame this thread!

And bacon + something sweet is an AMAZING combination. How that is "not natural" compared to cheescake or alfredo pasta is beyond me...

2LeftCleats
06-08-2013, 07:13 AM

That would be the kid's meal.

Tony T
06-08-2013, 07:17 AM
just get it with the egg WHITES option and you're all set...

....with xtra Cheese! :)

Tony T
06-08-2013, 07:19 AM

yeah, it's the concept. If one were to have bacon and eggs with a side of hash browns and coffee, and a donut to go, would there be a 3 page discussion?

djg
06-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Dip that bad boy in batter, fry it up again, and you can serve it on a stick.

If only once.

oldpotatoe
06-08-2013, 07:42 AM

I have an idea, if you don't like this, don't buy one.

Or maybe you prefer the NYC approach and be nanny-ed by the government.

2LeftCleats
06-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Careful. The NSA is watching through its PRISM.

93legendti
06-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Our society is doomed when we can no longer buy the sandwich in question because an unhealthy politician has directed federal regulators to issue 200 regulations, 10,000 Feds have been hired to ensure compliance and our taxes raised to pay for the pleasure of no longer being free to choose what we would or would not like to eat..."for the children".

Lack of freedom = doomed. Try that concept.

67-59
06-08-2013, 08:25 AM
If they offend you simply don't eat any

It would be lovely if life was that simple. It isn't.

If the guy down the street eats crap like this and gets obesity and heart disease, who do you think will pay for his bypass, stomach stapling and hip replacement down the road? Answer: all of us. And then we'll all whine about the high cost of health care.

And heaven help you if someday you're on an airplane trying to wedge yourself between two guys who call this "the usual."

We're all in this together...for better and worse.

oldpotatoe
06-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Our society is doomed when we can no longer buy the sandwich in question because an unhealthy politician has directed federal regulators to issue 200 regulations, 10,000 Feds have been hired to ensure compliance and our taxes raised to pay for the pleasure of no longer being free to choose what we would or would not like to eat..."for the children".

bing, bing, bing, we have a winner!!!

I think deep down we are all somewhat 'teaparty-ers'.. Yes we want to be protected but 'trust me I'm from the government' doesn't hack it..hasn't for various and sundry administrations, just so's ya know i'm not aiming at this one or the last or the one before that or the one...blah, blah...

Tony T
06-08-2013, 08:42 AM

We're doomed when instead of cutting a donut in half and stuffing if with a microwaved egg+bacon on our own, we have to rely on others to do it for us.

And as far as "freedom", how do you feel about mandatory seat-belt laws?

gemship
06-08-2013, 09:08 AM

This is interesting because I agree and let me add to that. The reason why I agree is because I am part of a huge group of people that literally feel like crap after eating a Dunkin Donuts donut. I also feel like crap after a Domino's pizza and for some reason I love bacon for the taste but again it's one of those foods I get a bad feeling from. Honestly I can't explain it but their brand of Donuts just don't sit well with me but others probably more homemade are just fine. Same with the Domino's pizza despite their more recent menu changes I still get a bad feeling from Domino's sauce.

gemship
06-08-2013, 09:21 AM
I was at the dollar store yesterday to pick up a bag of chips. I like a 5/6 oz. bag of them with a 24 oz. beer. I'm so cheap that I am simply hooked on the offerings at Dollar Stores. I flirted with a package of cookies at the same place but resisted. I am glad this stuff exists but I will admit it's all crap.

There's just something about paying a flat dollar fee without a tax for those chips in what I feel is a decent size quantity that's not ripping me off:p

The same for the 24 oz. quantity of beer. I like the high quality microbrew stuff but I am again hooked on the deals for Milwaukee Best Ice or Natural Ice 1.25/1.40$ respectively. Sometimes I will spring for a Limerita by Bud Light (8% alcohol) or a Twisted Tea in the 24 oz. quantity, both a whopping 2.50$ but still pretty cheap with all you want is a couple beverages and those you can nurse over ice :hello: and yeah in the world of beers and malt beverages they are probably no good for you.

54ny77
06-08-2013, 09:41 AM
if they offered online ordering and 30 min. delivery that would be really convenient. i really don't want to get up out of my laz-z-boy chair to drive over and buy one.

TPetsch
06-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Just white flour & sugar in another form people.

With and egg and Bacon thrown in.

gemship
06-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Just white flour & sugar in another form people.

With and egg and Bacon thrown in.

I know I say this same thing to myself. I haven't bought Dunkin Donuts in a long time and it's been ages since I had a couple where coworkers would bring a dozen to a work place. Honestly can't explain it, maybe it was their more complex offerings like the jelly filled or the frosted blueberry or boston creme style but their donuts actually make me feel kind of sickly vs. other store bought brands. It's odd and doesn't make sense when you simply break down the ingredients.

gemship
06-08-2013, 10:12 AM
if they offered online ordering and 30 min. delivery that would be really convenient. i really don't want to get up out of my laz-z-boy chair to drive over and buy one.

no,no you supposed to bike there, wolf it down and crank out a quick 30+ miles:banana:

Ardan MacNessa
06-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Thank goodness we have choices.

MattTuck
06-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Started my ride this morning with no breakfast, and so I stopped pretty early at a local co-op food store and picked up breakfast sandwich, egg, bacon, cheese on a biscuit. I looked around for the version on a donut, but was unable to find one.

Think how much faster I would have been if I had found it!

Tony T
06-08-2013, 05:41 PM
The donut would be better for you than the biscuit, and both better for you without the cheese.

A :banana: would be better than either of them. :)

Bob Ross
06-08-2013, 06:08 PM
BTW...the "glazing" on that thing looks abit suspicious to me...

"The effulgence of [his] manhood lay streaked across her thighs like a baker's glaze." -- John Cheever

Don't ask me why I remember that quote...

Tony T
06-08-2013, 07:47 PM
"The Cheever Letters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjKpPerVuU0)"

victoryfactory
06-09-2013, 04:47 PM
What bothers me about DD is that all their food items including fried
egg-pucks come in refrigerated boxes and are reconstituted in the microwave
browning oven.
All their baked goods are made in factories and delivered by truck

Originally, every DD made fresh donuts on site. Young DD customers
don't even know what a fresh donut tastes like. They just accept the stale junk
full of preservatives.

Their food is soulless crap served by people who usually have no
awareness that its food.
It's an American thing. In most other countries food is more real.
In France there is a real bakery in every village and in every neighborhood.
sigh.

VF

I still eat it sometimes....

67-59
06-09-2013, 04:57 PM
What bothers me about DD is that all their food items including fried
egg-pucks come in refrigerated boxes and are reconstituted in the microwave
browning oven.
All their baked goods are made in factories and delivered by truck

Originally, every DD made fresh donuts on site. Young DD customers
don't even know what a fresh donut tastes like. They just accept the stale junk
full of preservatives.

Their food is soulless crap served by people who usually have no
awareness that its food.
sigh.

Agreed. I love a doughnut once in a while...but I'd never get one from a place like DD. Furtunately, some American towns still have places that bake fresh on-site. Unfortunately, most Americans drive past them on the way to DD.

We have a great mom and pop place a few miles away, and I'd never go anyplace else in town for my occasional indulgence.

victoryfactory
06-09-2013, 05:40 PM
I remember how excited we were when my grandfather showed up
one day in 1963 (I think) with a dozen dunkin donuts in a box!
They were the best thing we had ever tasted! 59 cents a dozen!
All they had was coffee (10 times better than Mom's) and donuts
(mom wouldn't even go there)
No muffins, no sandwiches, no "bagels".
They had this contraption that ground the beans fresh for every pot
which made the place smell like heaven.
It was an instant hit. A miracle. We couldn't believe it was possible.

Ha! simpler times.

VF

*by way of explanation, I am a lifelong student of the fast food industry
since a brief stint in one of those places as a teenager.
I've watched it change over the years from pretty good food fast to
what it has become. The first big move in the wrong direction was when
McDonalds (and then everyone else) began using frozen french fries.
There are 40 year old people who think that's what real deep fried
potatoes taste like! sheesh.
DD aside, I'm sensing a return to wholesome
real food in some of the chains as people start to demand it.
I must admit an affinity for Taco Bell. After all, everybody knows that
sour creme and guacamole come from giant oversized caulking guns!

CNY rider
06-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Originally, every DD made fresh donuts on site. s....

How long ago did that end?
I'm going to take a wild guess and say I haven't been inside a DD in 25 years.
I've had the occasional donut that someone brought into work.
But I remember the baking taking place. So that's over now it seems.
Times change I guess.

gdw
06-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Anyone remember the "Time to make the donuts" ads from the 80's?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwfrBbNo5Jg
52 varieties baked fresh....

avalonracing
06-09-2013, 08:13 PM
I think deep down we are all somewhat 'teaparty-ers'..

No... No we are not all teapartyers deep down. Many of us are in fact, quite sane.

jblande
06-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Is freedom really being able to do what ever you want?

Bellum omnium contra onmnes?

firerescuefin
06-09-2013, 09:36 PM
No... No we are not all teapartyers deep down. Many of us are in fact, quite sane.

A little out of context don't you think. You trust your government?

Jack Brunk
06-09-2013, 10:12 PM

Exactly, this the same dude who's a 26er baby wheeler at heart. LOL!

Ti Designs
06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
you are what you eat...

Kinda like saying I drive a Mobil 93 octane... When everything is translated to nutrients or toxins, convertible calories or building blocks, fats, carbs or proteins, it's damn hard to tell between junk food and the so called healthy food. The problem we really face is that the pleasure of eating and the need for fueling have nothing to do with each other. The fuel gauge is on "F" and we're still jamming more in.

avalonracing
06-09-2013, 10:18 PM

No, but I wouldn't lump myself in with a bunch of kooks with varied and questionable agendas under the guise of "Two (sic) much govment messin' wit ur freedoms".
Of course I am just basing this on the couple of tea party "folks" I know who basically care about two things "Obama is coming for our guns and anything Obama does is pure Socialism/Evil/Gay/Unholy/UnAmerican etc... Yes, I really know these people and have actually broken bread with them. Anyway, if they are "tea party, (they go to the rallies) count me out.
And I would also like to say to Mr. Brunk... 26ers rule on tight eastern singletrack! Go 26! Yeah!

firerescuefin
06-09-2013, 10:24 PM
No, but I wouldn't lump myself in with a bunch of kooks with varied and questionable agendas under the guise if "Two (sic) much govment messin' wit ur freedoms".

i think his point (which I agree with)...is most of us have an underlying distrust of government,believe our freedoms are being undermined by that same government, and that government is grossly ineffective/inefficient

Jack Brunk
06-09-2013, 10:27 PM
No, but I wouldn't lump myself in with a bunch of kooks with varied and questionable agendas under the guise of "Two (sic) much govment messin' wit ur freedoms".

And I would also like to say to Mr. Brunk... 26ers rule on tight eastern singletrack! Go 26! Yeah!

Avalon racing man, Thanks for the sir(I still work for a living) and it's all good and if I can find some time to come to your right coast, I'd love to have you show me some epic eastern single track. Hopefully you know my jest is all good and fun! I need a trip to Dogfish Head Brewery.

JB

PS, Either I fly my Firefly or rent a 29er.

avalonracing
06-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Sir Jack, I know it is in jest. As for 29er many of my buddies ride them and tell me I don't know what I'm missing and talk about how fast they are. Then they ride along at the same pace that they always have with me occasionally buzzing their back 29 tire with my 26 just to bug them. My local trails have lots of short steep climbs and tight forest so "small" wheels can have their advantages.
Okay, back to donuts!

LouDeeter
06-10-2013, 06:19 AM
http://www.paddylongs.com/paddy-longs-food/paddy-longs-bacon-bomb/

I'm looking forward to when I can get this one with donuts on the side instead of fries.

oldpotatoe
06-10-2013, 07:01 AM

'Somewhat', is what I said. We want protection, we want our freedom, and most see that some restrictions are necessary. 'Freedom isn't free' type thing.

Most are not in the 'obama is a muslim and socialist' camp who 'wants to take our guns'. I think the security that is the news today is necessary. Like one guy said, 'if you aren't talking to terrorists, you have nothing to worry about'.

If they are listening in when I talk about wheelbuilding or how crappy sram is, that's ok with me.

Tony T
06-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Hey, what about the new Burger King Hands Free Holder (http://grist.org/list/hands-free-burger-king/):

http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/whopper_biking.png?w=470&h=302

(...yeah, I know, it was a hoax (http://www.nbcnews.com/business/what-no-hands-free-whopper-burger-king-reveals-jest-6C10168074) ;))

ANAO
06-10-2013, 07:44 AM
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=19111&d=1320385146

But I could go for that BK holder - looks like it would definitely help fuel on some of the longer climbs if I didn't want to sit.

azrider
06-10-2013, 09:16 AM
There are 40 year old people who think that's what real deep fried
potatoes taste like! sheesh

THIS.........is what real deep fried potatoes taste like. Mmmm....is it lunch yet?

http://enterprisetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/In-N-Out-Burger.jpg

Tony T
06-10-2013, 09:19 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHNZo9NylNB_rUUIR-hJBlOJPCtTM_7-DDgMm_c7VU3EPsve-1

victoryfactory
06-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Yes Nathan's held out for a long time but the smaller franchise Nathans
have gone frozen. If you get fries from a very small Nathans, thats what youre
getting now (They are ok, but not the real thing)

In and out are a west coat operation and I hear good things about their fries.

Also Pinks in LA and Las Vegas have real fries. (personal experience)

To make the best fries you need to cook them twice. First in low temp to
blanch and cook
through then in hot oil to crisp the outside. That's how they roll in Belgium.

Recently, Burger King test marketed some new fries that were supposed to emulate old
fashioned hand cut potatoes. Their scam was to turn down the automatic peeler machine a bit
to leave a little skin on before cutting. Creating more yield from the potatoes to their benefit)
They invented some snazzy name for them like "old Time" or "hand cut" or "Traditional" blech....

Can you tell I'm obsessed?

VF

Tony T
06-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Five Guys are also fried fresh on location, cut from whole spuds.

oldpotatoe
06-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Five Guys are also fried fresh on location, cut from whole spuds.

One of those is being built here in the republic...hurry and try 'em before they are made illegal!!

AngryScientist
06-11-2013, 07:44 AM
i didnt read anything in this thread, including the OP, but since it seems to be popular i wanted to pop in and say that i DONT think our society is doomed. the future is as bright as you're willing to make it IMO.

fuzzalow
06-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Shake Shack for folks that have access to one of their locations. Hard to go wrong with any of Danny Meyer's gastronomic permutations.

I used to tell people that because I cycled, that I could eat with impunity. As I got older, I found that no longer to be true. But that I have equal affinity for Burger King, 5 Guys or Shake Shack makes for an equal opportunity burgermeister.

Also +1 to AS motion that we are not doomed, there is always a trace of making villains, scapegoats and implied moral superiority in these type of threads. HA! Thinking that an entire nation's health care problems can be blamed on the few. Run the numbers, wake up. Everything, even DD, in moderation, won't hurt.

cdn_bacon
06-11-2013, 08:16 AM
had my passport been valid, that would have been mine this weekend...

I will get you next time my pretty...next tiiiiime.

witcombusa
06-11-2013, 09:02 AM
'Somewhat', is what I said. We want protection, we want our freedom, and most see that some restrictions are necessary. 'Freedom isn't free' type thing.

Most are not in the 'obama is a muslim and socialist' camp who 'wants to take our guns'. I think the security that is the news today is necessary. Like one guy said, 'if you aren't talking to terrorists, you have nothing to worry about'.

If they are listening in when I talk about wheelbuilding or how crappy sram is, that's ok with me.

It's not OK with me...at all.

What you "give up freely" now, is very unlikely to ever be retrieved :no:

Ardan MacNessa
06-11-2013, 09:39 AM

sigh.

VF

I still eat it sometimes....
You'll still had back in my day pâtisseries which used margarine verses butter in their cooking, and many more not baking on the premises but buy through a local distributor that would "preform" the doe for baking.

At one time a boulangerie would bake early morning and mid afternoon breads keeping everything fresh. We also went home for lunch, most of us. You had one boulangerie who did morning and midi bread and another boulangerie who would bake late afternoon for the evening rush hour. That's all but vanished.

As for fast food, I remember McDo opening up on rue Sainte-Catherine in Bordeaux in the early 80's. Then Quick. Then a slew of others. Grant it, in those days a fast food franchise couldn't demolish an older building by resurrecting a new one ...or altering an older building façade... These restrictions would make it hard for fast food to flourish... but now those rules have become lax. Around the early 90's I starting seeing a lot of McDo street garbage... "empty containers" in and around residential sections of Paris ...far away from the restaurants themselves. That meant residents were seeking out McDo and other fast food joints and bringing it home to eat late evenings ...or emptying the packaging out of their cars in the gutters while parallel parking. That was the warning shot that the France is forever changed. You're speaking about a society who would never think about drinking coffee while driving their cars and no such thing as a coffee cup holder in a vehicle.

The way of the supermarché and hypomarché for many is their daily bread. Amen.

Sad.