PDA

View Full Version : Bummed.... No Fabian in the Tour

bart998
06-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Over the years I've become a huge Fabian Cancellara fan. The Tour just won't be as good without him...

http://www.radioshackleopardtrek.com/news/cancellara-confirms-no-tour-de-france-2013

MattTuck
06-07-2013, 04:58 PM
He's preparing for the world championships? in road or time trialing? Kind of vague. Only been on the TT bike 4 times this year? :eek: Better get to work. :)

I hope he targets Giro di Lombardia... not really the right body type for it, I don't think. But he's a stud, and he'd be that much closer to getting all 5 monuments in his career.

ultraman6970
06-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Cancelara is getting old...

joosttx
06-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Tony Martin is wearing yellow for sure.

PQJ
06-08-2013, 07:04 AM
There must be an issue with his program.

oldguy00
06-08-2013, 07:14 AM
As someone mentioned on the velonews forums, perhaps he doesn't want to bother working his ass off at the TDF for a team that really has no contender this year.
He'd have to neutralize the race almost every day for Andy to keep up!!!

firerescuefin
06-08-2013, 09:40 AM

Just what I was thinking when he won Flanders and Roubaix this year:rolleyes:

firerescuefin
06-08-2013, 09:43 AM
As someone mentioned on the velonews forums, perhaps he doesn't want to bother working his ass off at the TDF for a team that really has no contender this year.
He'd have to neutralize the race almost every day for Andy to keep up!!!

Agree with this. He's been there/done that. He is on the backside of his career but still capable of taking anyone down any given day. It's called picking your spots. I wouldn't want to race against him in an event he's targeted and prepped for.

rnhood
06-08-2013, 04:33 PM
I think Boonen and Cancelera are in the same boat. The tour doesn't really offer the particular venue of cycling that these guys excel at. And they are slightly over the hill in their careers.

handsomerob
06-08-2013, 04:48 PM

there is a difference between wise and old.

last time I checked he didn't just win his age group for the hell of the north. He beat all comers.

TDF is not his race.... Usain Bolt doesn't compete in marathons, but that doesn't mean he isn't a world class runner in his prime.

ultraman6970
06-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Well, he was the best at least in paper for the ITT in the swiss tour and he did not win, AS got minute and a half back for example . The problem with super racers is that their peak now a days last just 3 to 5 years and thats it.

After seeing him at the criterium Contador doubt will do something at the tdf, valverde and rodriguez, all of them are doing horrible compared with last year Vuelta or Giro. Dunno man... a lot of guys are doing like crap this season and pretty much all of they are around the same age than FC... then the idea of you know what comes to mind aswell... so I will stop here :)

oldpotatoe
06-09-2013, 08:10 AM
There must be an issue with his program.

tee hee see number 11 post above.