PDA

View Full Version : Campag Super Record Brake Components

Splash
06-07-2013, 06:05 AM
I damaged the brake pad holder on this brakeset after trying to install a brake pad.

i need to buy another brake pad holder for this brakeset, but no-one can help me.

campag tell me to contact the supplier where i purchased this unit from or other suppliers. i have done both - with no luck as they just supply whole brake assemblies.

i have asked campag themselves to supply me with this brake holder and they cannot help.

so , where to from here?

Splash

soulspinner
06-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Call or e-mail Harris cyclery. If they don't have or cant get they can tell you where you can find one.

Splash
06-07-2013, 06:08 AM
thanks soul.

will do.

Splash
06-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Any others than suggest suppliers while i wait for a reply from harris?

Splash

oldpotatoe
06-07-2013, 07:12 AM
I damaged the brake pad holder on this brakeset after trying to install a brake pad.

i need to buy another brake pad holder for this brakeset, but no-one can help me.

campag tell me to contact the supplier where i purchased this unit from or other suppliers. i have done both - with no luck as they just supply whole brake assemblies.

i have asked campag themselves to supply me with this brake holder and they cannot help.

so , where to from here?

Splash

Brake pad holders, sets, are fairly easy to get but very expensive. If ya want a set, and probably front and rear, contact me.

AngryScientist
06-07-2013, 07:23 AM
dont overthink it. get a set of cheapy jagwire ones and call it a day. they work just fine. (and you can get them anywhere)

http://www.jensonusa.com/images/Default-Image/Detail_Main/191/BR401D04.jpg

Joachim
06-07-2013, 07:48 AM
I bought a set of TRP inplace road for my SR brakes. System works much better for swapping pads and comes with Swiss stop black pads which works fantastic (and better than the Campy pads) with anodized side walls like Nemesis and Archetypes.

oldpotatoe
06-07-2013, 07:53 AM

so , where to from here?

Splash

I may have a spare,, let me check..left or right side?

Old SuperRecord or 'new' Super Record?

leooooo
06-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Good looks angry and Joachim.
Never thought about non campy branded holders, need to pick up a set.
So sick and tired of swapping alloy specific pads for carbon specific pads during race day.

Splash
06-07-2013, 08:12 AM
thanks guys. great responses.

i believe this link highlights the oem brake shoes:
http://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=2&c=100&p=1598&

those other options are attractive, but will they fit enve pads for carbon rims?
?

i think the spring loaded systems on the oem version sucks.

oldpotatoe - not real sure of the side of this broken shoe. it is the new sr version.

splash.

Joachim
06-07-2013, 08:28 AM
If you get Enve pads for Shimano yes. Thats how I use mine. All my pad holders (on Campy brakes) use Shimano/SRAM type pads to make swapping pads 100x easier. Both Jagwire and TRP use shimano type pads. But the easiest pad holders ever, are from EE brakes.

oldpotatoe
06-07-2013, 10:20 AM
thanks guys. great responses.

i believe this link highlights the oem brake shoes:
http://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=2&c=100&p=1598&

those other options are attractive, but will they fit enve pads for carbon rims?
?

i think the spring loaded systems on the oem version sucks.

oldpotatoe - not real sure of the side of this broken shoe. it is the new sr version.

splash.

I have replacement springs for those holders..probably don't need a holder.

Pete Mckeon
06-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Information and products. I see the low count of posts you have so assumed you did not know oldpotatoe, He is the top tier ' go tos" for me and others i know:bike:

I have replacement springs for those holders..probably don't need a holder.

Splash
06-07-2013, 07:34 PM
thanks pete.

oldpotatoe - pm sent.

splash