PDA

View Full Version : Longsjo Classic

OnceFast
06-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know what is going on with this race? It looks like Anthem pulled its sponsership.

shovelhd
06-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Deiter just backed out of all of the Liberty Tour criteriums, too. Why people sing that guy's praises I'll never understand.

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Or am I missing the VN story? I don't seem to see anything on there . . .

BBD

FGC
06-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Those Liberty Crits were especially frustrating because
1) The registration fees were crazy.
2) Two out of three were up against established races.

Five years ago we had zero professional promoters and lots of races. Now we have one that treats volunteers like crap and screws up races. I'm not saying it's his 100% his fault that lots of races are falling off the calendar, but he's not helping.

shovelhd
06-06-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't know about Velo News. I just saw that they disappeared from Bikereg and like the OP says, Fitchburg is now in the same boat they were in the last time, attempting to be promoted by the foundation. Ugh.

I race up for the vast majority of my races, but I look forward to being able to race in my age group. The Liberty Tour races had fields for me. Oh well.

gregblow
06-06-2013, 10:38 PM
I love that race! its a shame what has happened to it the last two years. i hope happens this year.

OnceFast
06-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Just saw this:

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/news/ci_23410119/longsjo-down-two-days

Better than nothing, but this will not draw the same racers as the previous format. Don't quite get the rest day, unless they are just trying to get the local hotels more business.

Bruce K
06-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Saw that earlier but didn't get a chance to post it yet.

It really is a shame that this once great event has taken such a beating over the last couple of years.

BK

shovelhd
06-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Saw that earlier but didn't get a chance to post it yet.

It really is a shame that this once great event has taken such a beating over the last couple of years.

BK

Tell me about it. I was on the podium there in the 80's and it was special.