PDA

View Full Version : Colorado LTs - what were the years these were produced?

MMcG
12-08-2005, 04:05 PM
If it fits me well, I suspect it will, I'm about to become the new owner of a used but barely ridden Colorado LT - full Dura Ace.

The frame looks to be in amazingly great shape and the owner even has touch up paint in black and emerald green for the black to green fade paint scheme.

I was just curious as to what years these older Colorado LTs were produced. Could this be a late 90s bike? The bike features Dura Ace STI brake lever/shifter combo and is an 8 speed.

I think the price is excellent and I can't wait to see if it fits well when I go to meet the current owner on Sunday.

Big Dan
12-08-2005, 04:29 PM
The Lt's are early 90's , before the Atlanta's. Very nice bikes.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=4508

I bought mine new..... :)

Bill Bove
12-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Tange Prestige tubes and lugged, the best bike Serotta ever built, IMHO bro.

MMcG
12-08-2005, 10:03 PM
The Lt's are early 90's , before the Atlanta's. Very nice bikes.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=4508

I bought mine new..... :)

That paint scheme is very similar to the one I'm considering. I think the difference is in the decals.

Is $600.00 a fair price for the bike with a complete Dura Ace group?

Big Dan
12-08-2005, 10:16 PM
M, that's the original Onyx/ Emerald fade and decals.
If the frame is in good shape 600 seems like a fair price.
Good luck... :beer:

Ken Robb
12-08-2005, 10:17 PM
sounds good to me.

billrick
12-09-2005, 08:16 AM
That is a terrible price, especially if it is a 59 cm frame! Give me the contact info, and I will talk some sense to the seller. ;)

Seriously, that is a great price for a great bike. If you don't take it, pass the info on to the forum and someone will snap it up. If you do buy it, be sure to come back and post some photos! Love the old LTs.

MMcG
12-09-2005, 08:39 AM
That is a terrible price, especially if it is a 59 cm frame! Give me the contact info, and I will talk some sense to the seller. ;)

Seriously, that is a great price for a great bike. If you don't take it, pass the info on to the forum and someone will snap it up. If you do buy it, be sure to come back and post some photos! Love the old LTs.

If it fits well I'm buying it and will post up a thread and some photos as well.

Thanks everyone!

MMcG
12-12-2005, 10:29 AM
well the day I was scheduled to go look at this bike, my battery died on my van. The new battery cost me a good chunk of change and some other unexpected vehicle related expenses ate up a small portion of my Colorado LT funds.

I think I'm going to have to pass on this bike and lower my budget as well. :(

So if any one has an older steel road bike that is about 52-53cm center to center that they are looking to sell relatively inexpensively, please feel free to PM me. :help:

MMcG
12-13-2005, 07:37 AM
Well yesterday brought another surprise and twist, I received a long awaited travel reimbursement check at work, so I was able to buy the Serotta after all!

The bike is full dura ace and in great shape. It fit me really well and I couldn't be happier. I'll snap some photos once I get some pedals on it.

Big Dan
12-13-2005, 07:42 AM
M, glad it worked out. Those Colorado Lt's are keepers. I bought mine while in college and working part-time, couldn't sleep for a couple of days. Always liked the DA 8 stuff and the DA 9 also... :D

enjoy and let's see some pics....

MMcG
12-13-2005, 08:52 AM
I'll get some pics up soon. Essentially it looks like your Colorado paint scheme, but with white lettering and a green fork instead of a black one like you've got.

She's a beauty of a bike! :cool: :D

Big Dan
12-13-2005, 08:58 AM
M, I got the green fork at home. The picture is with a custom steel fork I got later.
It's just that I like forks with flat crowns...My original Serotta fork has the letters in yellow.... :)

MMcG
12-13-2005, 09:38 AM
M, I got the green fork at home. The picture is with a custom steel fork I got later.
It's just that I like forks with flat crowns...My original Serotta fork has the letters in yellow.... :)

Dan - who makes the black fork with flat crowns that you added to your frame and does it have the same metallic black paint as the frame?

Keith A
12-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Congrats on your purchase and I'm glad to see that your finances fell in place to enable you to buy the bike...I guess it was meant to be :)

MMcG
12-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Congrats on your purchase and I'm glad to see that your finances fell in place to enable you to buy the bike...I guess it was meant to be :)

Thanks Keith!

the bad news is that I live in CT and the roads are really not in the greatest shape to be riding a classic such as the Serotta around. I may have to get some slicks for my Surly Karate Monkey and throw that into road duty for when I do get out on the road this winter.