PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Rare Campagnolo Wheels

Ardan MacNessa
06-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Califonia Daytona Package -1974 Dino 246 GT (http://youtu.be/YJDT04DOalI?t=13m5s) buried during insurance fraud, found and dug up for restoration. Full Story (http://youtu.be/YJDT04DOalI).

Campy made many car wheels.

Steve in SLO
06-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing that. I used to see Campagnolo wheels all over the place at our local Ferrari dealer in the 70s, and always wondered how they got into the business.

akelman
06-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing that.

Agreed on both counts. Now I think I know what car I'm getting. That said, do you think those wheels are sew-ups?

downtube
06-03-2013, 11:29 AM
The Dino was my favorite car as a young man. The earlier models had headlight covers which really finished off the front end. I always lusted after a yellow Dino with dark blue interior. Truth is, I still do. Although the red cant be beat.

Steve in SLO
06-03-2013, 12:45 PM
The Dino was my favorite car as a young man. The earlier models had headlight covers which really finished off the front end. I always lusted after a yellow Dino with dark blue interior. Truth is, I still do. Although the red cant be beat.

I'll help your wallet out a bit: I lusted after one for years until I drove one: Not impressive. Great Italian exhaust note to be sure, but was uncomfortable, drove like a truck and didn't handle as well as my slightly modified BMW 2002. Afterwards I decided that sometimes it is better to lust ignorantly than to take that next step towards demystification.

downtube
06-03-2013, 04:39 PM
I'll help your wallet out a bit: I lusted after one for years until I drove one: Not impressive. Great Italian exhaust note to be sure, but was uncomfortable, drove like a truck and didn't handle as well as my slightly modified BMW 2002. Afterwards I decided that sometimes it is better to lust ignorantly than to take that next step towards demystification.

Funny you mention a 2002, that was what I was driving in the early 70's during the height of my lust. I have to say I really enjoyed that 2002. Probably the best car I have ever owned, other than my hot rods. I have had the opportunity to drive a 66 Ferrari 330 v12 a little truck like but that sound, the later Ferrari 348 which was very balanced and the new Ford GT 40 that came out in the mid 2000's and was a rocket. All good memories. The 60's were a different time and place from the mid 2000's. Technology has come a long way.