PDA

View Full Version : OK fixed, spill it!

vaxn8r
12-07-2005, 09:22 PM
bro is that true? I just got a killer deal for about a grand the seller has 0 feedback I won last night i' was scared I'd loose my money I have 64 with a 100 feedback but I haven't paid yet oh yeah I always use paypal cheers

What'd you get? Enquiring minds want to know.

Fixed
12-07-2005, 09:40 PM
bro here's the link let me know what you think
cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
:beer:oh yeah i still scared to pay but I guess i am thursday

shaq-d
12-07-2005, 09:43 PM
that link doesn't work..we need item #...

sd

Fixed
12-07-2005, 09:47 PM
bro sorry try this remember I'm fixed
here is the link to Ebay
cheers :beer:

Serpico
12-07-2005, 09:54 PM
nope :o

Lifelover
12-07-2005, 09:55 PM
bro sorry try this remember I'm fixed
here is the link to Ebay

Same link, Same error message.

Give me the final price and I'll find it.

Fixed
12-07-2005, 09:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7201139268&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
bro I think I got it right this time sorry

Serpico
12-07-2005, 09:57 PM
sweet rig :beer:

congrats Fixed

shaq-d
12-07-2005, 10:02 PM
hey fixedy... well, judging from the guy's username.. it looks pretty alright to me. if it was me i'd get some further assurances.

request from ebay the guy's contact info:

http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?UserInformationRequest#ContactInfo

then give'm a call and see how it goes. u'll have to judge for yourself... i'd ask the usual questions (how long has he had the bike; is he the only owner/first owner; why is he getting rid of it; anything wrong with it). then make sure you use shipping with tracking.

sd

Lifelover
12-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Very Nice but I was even more impressed with the $8.50 pedals!

Are there any forum members in Huntington Beach, CA that could look at it for you?

vaxn8r
12-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Fixed, is that the frame with the red tint clear coat? If so that is a gorgeous framset. Pics don't do justice. Best looking Cannondale ever (not saying much though) but it really is a looker.

That sounds like a pretty good deal if it's in great shape as the seller says. Congrats and keep us posted.

Blastinbob
12-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Very Nice but I was even more impressed with the $8.50 pedals!

Are there any forum members in Huntington Beach, CA that could look at it for you?
Right down the road, i'll check it out for you if you need me too. Get me a address and phone number.

Bob

mike p
12-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Fixed, I had a cadd 7 in flat black and it was the best al. bike I ever had. Not at all harsh on rough pave and no power loss in bb. Many people cut down c-dales but I to believe it's because of older md's that were very harsh. As long as fit is good I think you'll love it.
COD bike then neither party can be hurt.

Fixed
12-08-2005, 08:43 AM
bro thanks guys cheers :beer:

Fixed
12-08-2005, 09:08 AM
bro here is the latest the guy is going out of town wont be back until next week but wants his money today won't ship until he get's back.I said how about you ship the bike to me then I pay you and I 'll leave good feedback for you. no reply I may take bob 's kind offer if the guy responds when he gets back in town cheers :beer:

chrisroph
12-08-2005, 09:17 AM
fixed you have to follow your guts on this. It sounds like your guts are telling you to be wary. Most legit sellers are interested in a seamless transaction with comfort on both sides. Most ebayers are also interested in receiving good feedback because that provides much assurance in future transactions. I would be honest with the guy and tell him you are wary because of a lack of feedback. I would tell him that you need some assurances like an escrow deal or a cod. Explain why and he should understand. If somebody without feedback told me he needed money today but he couldn't ship until next week, I would definitely tell him that was not acceptable and offer an alternative. What if he is legit but he gets in a car crash? That will not do you much good. Good luck on this. BTW, I hope you like the high bb beer can. You should buy my merckx beer can leader. ;)

Fixed
12-08-2005, 09:23 AM
bro I would in a new york min if it were a complete bike thanks for your input I really respect your thoughts on this cheers

Needs Help
12-08-2005, 09:44 AM
the guy is going out of town wont be back until next week but wants his money today won't ship until he get's back.
lol

fixed you have to follow your guts on this.
Not at all. A kind forum member has offered to check out the bike for you. The main problem with scammers is that they don't have the bike in the first place. In addition, you'll be mostly covered by Paypal's buyer protection if the seller doesn't send you the bike. Based on the seller's response it sounds like a scam, but you won't be risking too much if you want to give it a go.

zap
12-08-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't know how much faith one should put in Paypal.

If your Paypal transaction is through your credit card, then your credit card company will protect you.

Always pay with your credit card. You might get a bit of money back to.

TimD
12-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Price seems about right, maybe a little low... I hope it works out.

TimD

justinf
12-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Do not send any money on this deal, Fixed. Have Bob check out the bike and verify shipment if possible. This stinks of a scam. imho ;)

Ken Robb
12-08-2005, 11:37 AM
I thought you were looking for a 57-58cm measured c-c? Aren't 'dales measured c-t? Will this bike be big enough for you?

Fixed
12-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I thought you were looking for a 57-58cm measured c-c? Aren't 'dales measured c-t? Will this bike be big enough for you?
that might be true I know their bikes are even sized framesets can come in odd sizes not sure about the c-t cheers :beer:

MartyE
12-08-2005, 11:46 AM
The thing about paypal refunds is that you have to file
within a specific amount of time (45 days?) and
if the seller doesn't have the funds in a paypal account you
are SOL.
I always use credit card unless I know the seller personally.

Marty

shaq-d
12-08-2005, 11:50 AM
dudes, the man in long beach has offered to help out and check out the bike. u can't get more sensible/helpful than that.

Fixed
12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
bro the guy hasn't responed to my e-mails since i didn't send money yet I just wanted a crit bike for this coming year we start in feb. my new team has a deal with flite but have you seen their bikes? cheers :beer:

weisan
12-08-2005, 12:29 PM
fixed-pal, I would communicate with the seller and openly express your concerns in a respectable and honest manner just as you normally do here.

Let's not jump ahead and suspect someone just because they have zero rating, kinda like calling someone a troll here because it's their first post....however I do acknowledge the higher risk involved. But that risk can be easily mitigated by simply having a honest conversation.

If the seller says he's travelling and can't get the bike out to you until he comes back, I think it's only reasonable that he accepts your offer of waiting until then to send him the money. Both parties just need to accept a certain amount of delay because of "unforseen circumstances."

Yes, please take up Uncle Bob's offer to check out the bike in person.

Some of the best deals I have traded in the past came about from complete strangers...perfectly normal and decent folks nonetheless.

Fixed
12-08-2005, 12:32 PM
bro weisan thanks I have but no response to my e-mails cheers :beer:

weisan
12-08-2005, 12:35 PM
bro weisan thanks I have but no response to my e-mails cheers :beer:
Give it a day or two to respond. Be patient. You have nothing to lose in waiting....just don't send the money yet.

Ken Robb
12-08-2005, 12:38 PM
OK, Fixed-Pal what we have here is a failure to communicate. I mean you and the seller. I understand your concerns and they may be well-founded. OTOH, if the seller is legitimate I can see where he might feel you are a flake. You bid and won the auction and then started asking questions afterward. He doesn't know you either and I surely wouldn't be packing and sending a bike to a stranger before I got paid. COD sounds good but as I understand it if the addressee refuses to pay the seller is out packing and round-trip shipping--not so good for the seller.
No criticism meant--just trying to help you see both sides of the situation.

Tom Byrnes
12-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Fixed,

Bro, I have just read this thread and belatedly am offering you my help.

I am in Los Angeles, and while I'm a little farther away from Huntington Beach than BlastinBob, I am also available to check out the bike. I have a light work schedule for the next two days.

In fact, I can even bring the Seller the purchase price in cash. So, the Seller can get his/her money immediately, and I can pick up your bike at the same time. I can have it shipped to you from Helen's Cycles, my local bike shop.

Let me know.

Good luck.

Tom

Fixed
12-08-2005, 01:17 PM
tom thanks that is really nice of you , but the guy said he was going out of town till next week but he wants the money today you guys are great and I am thankful for your help . hey check out the photo my wife is an art prof. she thinks the photo has been in photo shop cos of the background . goin thru so much trouble for a cannondale you'd think it was a serotta I had to save 6 months and sell my Guerrciotti to come up with the cash I'd hate to give it away but I would front it to tom or bob thanks cheers :beer:

Tom Byrnes
12-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Fixed,

I will advance you the money and pay for it today, if that will make the deal happen.

Tom

Kevan
12-08-2005, 01:31 PM
another group hug coming!

weisan
12-08-2005, 01:32 PM
the guy said he was going out of town till next week but he wants the money today

Tell him you are going to send over the hit men...eh...I mean Tom&Bob Demolition Team to check out the bike...and possibly give him the money. If he closes the door and refuses to even entertain this small request, call off this whole deal completely, and drop him a last email explaining your stand, and how you come about the decision. Lesson learned.

Fixed
12-08-2005, 01:37 PM
bro I'll e-mail him now but I don't think he will respond thanks you guys are to much cheers :beer:

DRZRM
12-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Fixed bro,

This sounds like a scam, but there is no reason you should not be able to minimize your risk if it is not. If the guy is unwilling to have someone come pick up the bike and give him cash (Tom that is so nice, it reminds me why I like doing business on this forum so much, Blastinbob too), then it is almost certainly a scam, as simple as that. He cannot force you to pay in less time than seven days. As ebay says in their rules "Usually the seller must wait 7 days after a listing closes to file an Unpaid Item dispute." So while he may want you to pay today, that is not his right. If he goes out of town and is out of email contact, you should certainly not pay until he gets back. I would get his direct contact info from ebay, and try to resolve teh issue, but if he is inflexible on having the bike inspected, I'd report him to ebay.

At the very least, pay with paypal through a credit card, not a bank account. If you get scammed, you will not have to pay. That said, if you go through your credit card company to resove the issue instead of PayPal, while you will have your money, PayPal will lock down your account probably permanently (have a look at paypalsucks.com for more information). You may ask him to send a new picture of the bike with todays newpaper draped over the toptube, if he can't do that he probably does not even have the bike.

In the future, you should do all this stuff before the auction closes. Telling people you can pick it up locally often scares them off before you have to bid.

Good luck, nice looking bike if it works out.

:beer: Zach

Ken Robb
12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I like that newspaper idea.

Fixed
12-08-2005, 02:07 PM
bro I just e-mailed the seller and I'm waiting to hear back I asked the other night questions about bars and cranks size and he told me he thought they 172.5 but didn't have the bike with him now. I don't know about you but even a dumb bike messenger like me knows what size crank he riddin cheers :beer:

Blastinbob
12-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Tom, you da man!! Since your schedule is slow you need to get out and ride......that Mexican feast is comin' and so is fast Mike G.!!!

Tom Byrnes
12-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Fixed,

Here is my cell phone number: 310 729 0995. I will be away from my computer for a few hours. Call me if you need me to get your bike.

:)

Tom

Kurt
12-08-2005, 02:15 PM
1st off it's a great frame, with the right wheels you will be a happy camper – I am on my 3rd one. If you use paypal you sort of forfeit your credit card rights, it might not be directly detailed in their policy statement, but if you try and do a chargeback you might be successful depending on your card, but forget ever having a paypal account in the present or future – this is a common user experience. The 57 is sold as a frame only – if you don’t get this frame there are several places you can get a 06 frame/fork/headset for around $ 400.

Once you log into your paypal account you can path out to this link for all the details:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_pbp

Redturbo
12-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Shino was your bike stolen! :rolleyes:

Serpico
12-08-2005, 09:28 PM
cheers :beer: to Bob and Tom

hope you get this straightened out, Fixed

you deserve a new bike (that Guerc' was nice, but if it didn't fit...), look forward to hearing your race results this spring, Fixed

Fixed
12-08-2005, 09:39 PM
bro here what been training on the frame was n.o.s. col. SL the wheels are a loaner from my son, kelly steel fork mix of campy and shimano : the painting in the background is by my wife the art prof. cheers :beer:

Dekonick
12-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Be careful bro - I don't like the feel of this deal. Why on God's green earth would someone not be willing to allow you to pick it up in person with cash?

If he does not reply I would report it to ebay, with a cc of all of your email's.

0 feedback - and not reasonable = be careful.

Good luck bro - hope it turns out to be a good deal :)

malcolm
12-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Fixed, if you are interested in aluminum and this falls through I've got a brand new never built pegoretti 8:30 am (57) I'll sell you. I bought it from wrench science, it was their last one. I paid $975 and I'll sell it for the same and throw in a brand new salsa shaft post that is brand new as well. I'll also make you a good deal on a new record front with 35mm clamp. If interested just let me know. Malcolm

Fixed
12-09-2005, 06:15 AM
bro who wouldn't want a peg but it would take me a long time to get all the parts together like another 6 months by that time the racing season would be over until fall comes it is a nice offer it might be nice to take my time and pick-up parts one at a time i'll have think about it more if this deal falls apart i.m.h.o. there are some cool cats that live in the house that ben built cheeers my bros :beer:

chrisroph
12-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Protection from your credit card company is a joke. I had a false charge on a card and the bank for some reason paid it. I wrote multiple letters and the bank wouldn't give in on writing off the charge. I told them I would take my business elsewhere and they finally wrote it off. If I didn't have multiple business accounts, they wouldn't have given in.

I'd send him an email saying a friend will come over to inspect the bike. Take one of the forumites up on the offer. If he doens't respond, you know that it was a scam.

Fixed
12-09-2005, 11:00 AM
bro I think we have come to a happy ending here thanks the kindness of Tom Byrnes thanks guys for your help I never knew people were as nice as you guys are you dudes seemed to really care about the outcome for this I owe you all a debt of thanks cheers :beer:

Fixed
12-09-2005, 11:12 AM
bro tom is picking the bike up today what a special man he is to take time to do this for me thanks a million he is to cool cheers :beer:

Dekonick
12-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Three cheers for Tom! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Sandy
12-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Three cheers for Tom! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Four cheers if Fixed gets the bike! :)

Sandy

William
12-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Merry Christmas!! :banana:

It's the people that make this such a great place. :beer:

William

Fixed
12-09-2005, 03:09 PM
bro tom is on the streets of L.A. right now tracking down the red cannondale should have it within the hour how cool is that, I will keep you dudes posted cheers :beer:

DRZRM
12-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Nice Fixed,

Congrats, I'm so happy that worked out for you. Ride it in good health. :beer:

Zach

Fixed
12-09-2005, 04:12 PM
bro tom has it it is goimg to helen bike shop for boxing and to be shipped he said it looks great with a cool color paint job tom is a speical man thank you cheers to everyone :banana: :beer: :banana: :beer: :banana: :) :)

Kevan
12-09-2005, 04:21 PM
I love happy endings.

(Someone please hand me a kleenex.)

Serpico
12-09-2005, 05:18 PM
:beer: tom, fixed

glad to hear this worked out, post some pics when you get a chance fixed

shaq-d
12-09-2005, 07:04 PM
woot..a guy with an ebay moniker "singlespeed4ever" simply couldn't be a bad guy

sd

Tom Byrnes
12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
The cassette needs to be cleaned. But, the bike seems to be in great condition. The Seller is a nice guy. He never used ebay before and was really out of town (in Dallas today). I picked the bike up from his brother.

This was a Forum group effort to make sure that our bro Fixed was taken care of. Cheers to everyone.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Tom

bluesea
12-09-2005, 07:58 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

pale scotsman
12-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Good on ya Tom for helping Fixed out. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Frankwurst
12-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Guys like Blastin bob and Tom confirm my belief the world is full of good people! This thread made my day. :beer:

Big Dan
12-09-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm glad that Tom was there to help.
I was starting to worry old Fixed was going to blow a gasket..................

:D

:beer:

Fixed
12-09-2005, 08:41 PM
bro this could be a christmas movie story i.m.h.o. I'm as happy as a lark drinks are on me at ben.s place cheers :beer: :beer: :beer: BEN'S PLACE :beer: :beer:THANKS TOM :beer: :beer: :beer:

JeffreyG
12-10-2005, 02:51 PM
This has to be the best thread I have ever read on any forum ever. The seller's ad said the bike was just looking for a good home and it looks like it could not have found a better one.

Keith A
12-13-2005, 10:15 AM
I just caught up on the happenings of Fixed eBay bike and wanted to say...Tom you are awesome!!! And Fixed, I'm glad everything worked out for you! :banana:

Ozz
12-13-2005, 12:10 PM
GROUP HUG!!!

Kudos to Tom and Merry Xmas to "Fixed"!

Great thread, great story, made me smile.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Fixed
12-23-2005, 10:46 PM
bro got the bike put together helens must be a good shop nice packing job i.m.h.o.bike came with nice stuff no coda stuff, changed out stem and seatpost ,ready for as herbie would say it's maiden voyage thanks again tom what a guy cheers :beer:

Serpico
12-23-2005, 10:49 PM
pics!

Fixed
12-23-2005, 10:53 PM
bro wife says no ridin sunday pics coming then merry christmas cheers :beer:

Frank
12-23-2005, 11:48 PM
I have dealt with him a couple of times and he has been wonderful to work with. I do love these happy endings!!! :)

Tom Byrnes
12-24-2005, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the nice words, guys.

It was my great pleasure to help Fixed get his bike. I like these happy endings, too.

Happy holidays to all.

Tom

Smiley
12-24-2005, 08:40 AM
Tom and BlastinBob are the embolic spirit of this Forum, Glad it worked out.

Congrats Fixed

Len J
12-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Tom and BlastinBob are the embolic spirit of this Forum, Glad it worked out.

Congrats Fixed

You are the man!

Happy holidays.

Len

chrisroph
12-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Great effort and generosity boys. Hope you like the beer can fixed. Your steel trainer with kelly fork looks like a real nice ride.

Fixed
12-25-2005, 09:45 AM
bro took it out on a fast group ride with a lot of cornors it sprints nice give me a couple of week to get use to cornoring on it bro but at the end of of the ride i was the only guy to stay with the 3 guys on the local pro 1,2 team ,on a straight sprint this bike was really great I bridged from the 2nd group to the first group over 100 yds.when a gap opened I yelled it's now or never but none of my bros came with me, have to admit I feel better cornoring on my old bike but that might be cos i'm not use to the new bike, but I like to sprint so this is the tool for that, thanks tom for everything thanks to roy munson for the cool selcof post the wheels are o.p.'s build by wheelsmith with d.b. spokes they seemed good for sprinting on as well i.m.h.o. ,the crank was a gift from my bro gonzo the local bad a$$ wrench for my new bike I'm a blessed cat to have such great friends i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

Argos
12-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Nice!

Big Dan
12-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Fixed Bro enjoy the ride.... :)

weisan
12-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah, fixed-pal! :banana:

Merry Christmas, bro.

Serpico
12-25-2005, 07:53 PM
cheers bro :beer:

ericspin
12-26-2005, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=Fixed] but at the end of of the ride i was the only guy to stay with the 3 guys on the local pro 1,2 team

Hey fixed, I have to imagine that you are an accomplished rider because of all the miles you put in plus I think I know some of the guys you are talking about (remember I live in Tampa also). AND isn't it amazing - that first ride on a new bike. I always record a personal best on my first group ride on a new bike. Then the subsequent rides are something like chasing that first high you experienced waaaay back in your past. I am glad that this deal came to fruition and I thoroughly enjoyed following the process on this thread. What a great bunch of guys on this site. The only thing that would make it better is if we all lived in the same neighborhood. Imagine how much business the LBS would do if we all lived in the same neighborhood. Anyway, enjoy your new ride.
Happy New Year, Eric

Fixed
12-26-2005, 08:14 AM
bro yeah the greco ride the three riders big cuban joel ,the fast kid cris scott .and ex b.b.c sean ? these guys are on a new team this year for pro1,2 riders a spin off from the old a.c. team I 'm on b.b.c this year.bro what kind of bike do you ride and are you on a club/team?I can hang with those cats most of the time .The more i ride a bike the more at home i fee.l I always feel a bit off on a new bike on the first ride, now wheels are a different story i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

vaxn8r
12-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah, that is a fast bike, and the pics don't do justice to how beautiful that tint job is. I think tinting on AL and even ti can be a gorgeous look and wonder why it isn't done more often?

Fixed, one thing, is that the "all CF" fork, even the drop outs? If so, that is a super light fork and you might at some point want to trade down (so to speak) for a cannondale, or other, fork with AL steerer and dropouts. Don't get me wrong, that is a great fork but it depends on how you want to ride it. For crits, mean descents or even aggressive sprinting I'd take the other fork. For 98% of the other riding their is no reason to change. Ride it for a while and you'll come to your own conclusions.

Fixed
12-26-2005, 03:47 PM
bro you got a point there even the dropouts are carbon I.m a little scared to even put it on my bro's roof rack when they come to pick me up for a road trip . new bike jitters I not one to baby a bike but i do clean them and keep my nice bikes inside but if they need to go in the back of a truck with 4 other race bikes then it needs to go there I mean they are race bikes i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

Grant McLean
12-26-2005, 05:14 PM
bro you got a point there even the dropouts are carbon I.m a little scared to even put it on my bro's roof rack when they come to pick me up for a road trip . new bike jitters I not one to baby a bike but i do clean them and keep my nice bikes inside but if they need to go in the back of a truck with 4 other race bikes then it needs to go there I mean they are race bikes i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

Fixed - bro don't worry about the fork. seriously. i went to cannondale,
and saw them bust-test those forks. They are strong. You think steel is strong
because you know steel. I feel really good about cannondale testing. They
wouldn't use Time stems on the team bikes because they wouldn't pass their
tests. They torture the parts before they will spec them. If you have a
problem with that fork, i will too bro, i have the same one.

gee

Fixed
12-26-2005, 06:52 PM
thanks bro that is good news . happy new year cheers :beer:

beungood
12-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey Bro, that is a nice sleek fast looking sled. It is a nice feeling to build up one and finish it with help from the cool people here on this list. Ride hard Bro! :beer: