PDA

View Full Version : Nove name

davids
12-07-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm not the most multi-lingual guy around. (Insert tasteless joke here.) (no pun intended.) (OK, back to my thought!) I'd always assumed that since "Nove" sounds like "nova", the meaning of the bike name was "new" - You know, the new model.

Last night, I got curious enough to actually check out my logic. "Nove" is italian for "nine"! Who knew?

Based on this new info, I've got my theory about why Serotta chose the name. I'm curious what others think.

JohnS
12-07-2005, 10:58 AM
That it's one less than the best, i.e. Ten?

davids
12-07-2005, 11:01 AM
That's what I was thinking.

Like Nigel Tufnel said, "This one goes to eleven..." Well, this one goes to nine.

Of course, that means the Meivici should be the Undici!

Ti Designs
12-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Or maybe it's two better than that other bike...

andy mac
12-07-2005, 11:31 AM
does that mean the ottrott should have been the 'bo derek'?

ergott
12-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm not the most multi-lingual guy around. (Insert tasteless joke here.) (no pun intended.) (OK, back to my thought!) I'd always assumed that since "Nove" sounds like "nova", the meaning of the bike name was "new" - You know, the new model.

Last night, I got curious enough to actually check out my logic. "Nove" is italian for "nine"! Who knew?

Based on this new info, I've got my theory about why Serotta chose the name. I'm curious what others think.

Their ninth model name???

CNY rider
12-07-2005, 01:19 PM
I can't help but think of my mother in laws favorite bicycle, the oy-vey, whenever I hear the Nove name.

Maybe Ben has a similar mother in law? ;)