PDA

View Full Version : PSA: US Nat Men's RR is being shown live

echappist
05-27-2013, 12:37 PM
link here: http://usacycling.thetourtracker.com/

unfortunately, a lot of the big guns won't be there (e.g. Tejay, Phinney), but many of the younger guys will be there. Besides, i'd be happy to see a former ECCC racer (Ted King) take the win.

TPetsch
05-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Cool! ..thanks for sharing :)

chengher87
05-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Is as bad as the 2013 E3 Herelbeke. Not only is the picture breaking up constantly, but the commentary repeats and resets quite a bit.

akelman
05-27-2013, 01:54 PM
the commentary repeats and resets quite a bit

So they got Phil and Paul?

echappist
05-27-2013, 02:08 PM
So they got Phil and Paul?

zing!

all jest aside, these guys are actually pretty good. Actually seem knowledgeable enough to know what's going on

FlashUNC
05-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Sigh....the pirated feeds from Europe are easier to watch...

slidey
05-27-2013, 02:24 PM
You sir, are pretty good...admirable sense of humour :p

all jest aside, these guys are actually pretty good. Actually seem knowledgeable enough to know what's going on

chengher87
05-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Ugh....Kristin Armstrong is just so terrible to listen to.......

echappist
05-27-2013, 03:15 PM
You sir, are pretty good...admirable sense of humour :p

lol;)

Hummer and Ventura actually show some enthusiasm and usually make the correct calls. way better than PP&B.

Lovetoclimb
05-27-2013, 03:27 PM
This tour tracker thing is garbage IMO. Can not get website to work on my computer because it keeps not loading flash player, and the ipad app simply will not load the live video or any text updates. Twitter comes through again I guess. Glad my USAC license fee went to computer programers for this tour tracker though!

krhea
05-27-2013, 03:36 PM
So we get little to no coverage of cycling in the US and then when we do get some all guys want to do it crap all over it. In my world, some is better then none so I have no problem with the coverage. Yep, it breaks up, you're right and ya know what, I kinda expect that, as production crews in the US aren't used to covering such events. Very similar to the Boston Marathon and other marathon coverage.
Sorry you guys aren't enjoying it but any time I can watch US guys hammer each other in a national championship I'm happy to deal with a few production glitches.
You might also notice that the Lookout Mtn climb seems to be almost completely covered in trees. If it happens to be a somewhat cloudy day as well then it's very hard to keep the signal "clear" which causes breakup and static. Again, it happens in the Giro, the Tour, Tour of Cali etc so why should be surprised it's happening here.

54ny77
05-27-2013, 03:38 PM
painful video. can't watch it.

audio's fine though. i'm keeping it as background noise w/occasional look at video.

T.J.
05-27-2013, 03:43 PM
So we get little to no coverage of cycling in the US and then when we do get some all guys want to do it crap all over it. In my world, some is better then none so I have no problem with the coverage. Yep, it breaks up, you're right and ya know what, I kinda expect that, as production crews in the US aren't used to covering such events. Very similar to the Boston Marathon and other marathon coverage.
Sorry you guys aren't enjoying it but any time I can watch US guys hammer each other in a national championship I'm happy to deal with a few production glitches.
You might also notice that the Lookout Mtn climb seems to be almost completely covered in trees. If it happens to be a somewhat cloudy day as well then it's very hard to keep the signal "clear" which causes breakup and static. Again, it happens in the Giro, the Tour, Tour of Cali etc so why should be surprised it's happening here.

+1 the said it was the tree canopy causing issues. I'm happy just to have any sort of coverage

chengher87
05-27-2013, 03:55 PM
That Shimano neutral service tech looked so lost, like he never changed a wheel before.

FlashUNC
05-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Problem is the only moderately interesting part of the course is unwatchable.

Might as well not bother watching the second they're outside downtown Chattanooga.

And just because they're covering it doesn't mean we can't call the coverage out as garbage. I'm not Oliver Twist.

chengher87
05-27-2013, 04:04 PM

Seeing as I don't get Universal Sports in my cable package and I am paying extra for it, yes, I can bitch and complain about it. If NBC wants production rights and wants to charge extra for it, they better not do the race a disservice by giving mediocre coverage. NBC has no problem covering the ToC and USAPCC, so it's not like they have no idea what to do.

The picture breakup is happening everywhere, not just the climb. The Giro had terrible rain and snow and they provided MUCH better pictures.

exapkib
05-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks for posting--reduces the sting of being stuck inside with sick kids on this fine Memorial Day.

(Being stuck inside still stings, by the way.)

krhea
05-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Seeing as I don't get Universal Sports in my cable package and I am paying extra for it, yes, I can bitch and complain about it. If NBC wants production rights and wants to charge extra for it, they better not do the race a disservice by giving mediocre coverage. NBC has no problem covering the ToC and USAPCC, so it's not like they have no idea what to do.

The picture breakup is happening everywhere, not just the climb. The Giro had terrible rain and snow and they provided MUCH better pictures.

Then turn it off.

soulspinner
05-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Great finish.

krhea
05-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Great finish.

Yowzeeer, Fast Freddy is back!!!!!!!!!

slidey
05-27-2013, 04:43 PM
This (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eddy-Merckx-USA-Freddy-Rodriguez-52cm-Road-Racing-Bike-Shimano-Dura-Ace-/271208159778?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item3f25441a22) might finally sell! :hello:

echappist
05-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Yowzeeer, Fast Freddy is back!!!!!!!!!

Truly!

shows the legs he has being able to get over those hills. Farrar got dropped while Freddy advanced. People forget the fact that Freddy once finished second to a doped-up Cipo back in MSR.

One thing you gotta wonder is that out of the 15 or so chasers, did nobody realize that if they just diesel along that Freddy will snipe them at the end? Matt Busche seemed to have been the only person who realized the folly of that.

shovelhd
05-27-2013, 05:00 PM

KonaSS
05-27-2013, 05:33 PM
People forget the fact that Freddy once finished second to a doped-up Cipo back in MSR.

Ummm, so, um, well, the thing you about that is, well, um, you know......

echappist
05-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Ummm, so, um, well, the thing you about that is, well, um, you know......

:o

which is why i'm a bit uncertain about this. On the one hand, a brilliantly executed race strategy by Freddy. OTOH, the baggage of the past, though there has been nothing that has raised suspicion, yet.

54ny77
05-27-2013, 07:20 PM
i'd really like to give freddy the benefit of the doubt today. he won only by a hair (look at the photos, it's really, really tight across the top 3), it's not like he crushed everyone. the dude knows how to handle a bike in a sprint, and he sure knows where he needs to be at the right time based on conditions and fitness. from the looks of things he timed it perfect, just enough gas in the tank to move up a few places for final positioning. sure was awesome finish, those guys were flyin'!

KonaSS
05-27-2013, 08:22 PM
I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt today. Not as much during the Domo Farm Frites years when he is riding with guys like Johan Museeuw.