PDA

View Full Version : This morning

velotel
05-25-2013, 07:07 AM
Not just the Giro getting snowed on! None of the old timers in the village remember snow so late. And these are people whose families have been living on the plateau for a couple hundred years! Melting now. Sun peering through a light cover. Crazy weather. This after a fine ride late in the afternoon yesterday on the plateau. Felt so good added in a lot of my variations. On dry roads! Gotta love that. Maybe 30K with around 600-700 vertical meters. Was thinking I’d follow that up with a ride today! Oh well, like yesterday’s Giro stage, cancelled. Knocked snow off trees to save the branches instead.

572cv
05-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Yikes! Indeed a striking condition for this time of year..... Here in Vermont, our local radio weatherman, Roger Hill, calls our conditions "Weather Whiplash". We've had weather in the 60's-70's F over the past few weeks and it's been fairly dry. Suddenly, rain, 6.5 inches of it here in the past five days. Today the temperature is in the mid 30's F with winds in the 30 mph range. Tonight there is the possibility of a foot of snow on the higher peaks, like Jay Peak. I'm glad we still have some nice dry firewood left over. Also a few bike projects to work on inside. Next weekend, it is predicted to be in the 80's F. Cheers, and I hope the weather turns for the better in France.

Ralph
05-25-2013, 06:28 PM
My pool water got to 88 today. Gotta crank the solar thermostat back a tad. Did get in a good ride early this Am when it was cool. The snow, your home, and the pictures you show are just beautiful.

tiretrax
05-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Even crazier - we've had rain for 4 days in a row in late May. Usually, we don't get rain from May-October.

parris
05-25-2013, 09:00 PM
We've had a 40 degree drop from just a couple of days ago.

R3awak3n
05-25-2013, 09:28 PM
the weather is all messed up all over the country. We have been having way too much rain.

slidey
05-26-2013, 03:26 AM
Given our current emission trends, drastic change is the only constant that can be expected as far as the climate goes.

Oh, and nice pics...but the timing of it sends a shiver down my spine.