PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds quzo fork Brake Caliper Nuts...please help

cxboy
05-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi..I own a few Ouzo pro forks, all were picked up used so I do not have the original caliper nuts. My question, does the ouzo pro forks use a smaller sized nut as my stock shimano / sram nuts are a bit to large and will fit through the hole.
If so, and I can't track down the original nuts can I open up the hole with a file and not cause damage to the fork ?? please advise...thx

Joachim
05-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi..I own a few Ouzo pro forks, all were picked up used so I do not have the original caliper nuts. My question, does the ouzo pro forks use a smaller sized nut as my stock shimano / sram nuts are a bit to large and will fit through the hole.
If so, and I can't track down the original nuts can I open up the hole with a file and not cause damage to the fork ?? please advise...thx

Yes, they use a different nut. You can get one from Reynolds.

cxboy
05-23-2013, 10:25 AM
cool, just checked the website and thx !!

dave thompson
05-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Whenever I've needed the special Reynolds brake nuts, my LBS had them. Try yours.

vav
05-23-2013, 11:14 AM
^^^ what Dave said. I had the same problem :

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=118755&highlight=reynolds+nut

and got'em at my LBS

CaptStash
05-23-2013, 01:23 PM
I kinda' sorta' hoard them!

redir
05-23-2013, 01:28 PM
You may not want to do what I did but what i did was just drill the recess hole out. It's such a tiny size difference I don't think it even cleared the epoxy coat on mine.