PDA

View Full Version : Strava Question

pcxmbfj
05-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Is there a way to get ride files from Garmin Connect to Strava?

Deleted from my Edge 200 before uploading to Strava hoping to avoid manual entry.

Lewis Moon
05-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Is there a way to get ride files from Garmin Connect to Strava?

Deleted from my Edge 200 before uploading to Strava hoping to avoid manual entry.

Heh....Welcome to the world of proprietary software. I couldn't even find a way to append total pre-strava milage. Unfortunately, your best bet would probably be to keep both accounts. They're free(ish) and it only takes a couple of seconds to upload to both.

Lets see: I like Strava for the segment times; I like to see where I'm at on my fitness. Map My Ride has better mapping tools and Garmin has a stand alone for my 'puter. Oh yeah...I also added Cycleops Power whatever for when my power meter arrives.

shovelhd
05-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Change your Garmin Connect password to something cryptic and run this script:

http://www.sideburn.org/garmin/

Then bulk upload your files to Strava. It's a PITA but you only have to do it once. I back up my Garmin 800 files manually every 30 days or so and wipe it clean. It works much better this way.

chrispino
05-20-2013, 08:38 AM
I assume we are talking about uploading more than one file?
Export for GC to .gpx and upload to Strava seems easiest for a few files, but if there are more than a few it may be a total pain

russ46
05-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Re: "I couldn't even find a way to append total pre-strava milage". When you are in the Strava Upload Activity window, look for "Manual Entry" on left side of screen. You can enter pre GPS recorded rides there if you're so inclined.

Maybe I'm anal, but I upload my Garmin to Strava about once a week. When the number of accumulated rides start to slow the upload down, I upload them to Garmin Connect & Map My Ride & then clear the Garmin.

I like Strava the best, but just in case..........

Lewis Moon
05-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Re: "I couldn't even find a way to append total pre-strava milage". When you are in the Strava Upload Activity window, look for "Manual Entry" on left side of screen. You can enter pre GPS recorded rides there if you're so inclined.

I like Strava the best, but just in case..........

Actually, I just wanted to enter the milage. 300 or so rides would be a bit much.