PDA

View Full Version : "um yeah im outta the office right now"

T.J.
05-17-2013, 10:08 AM
rain coming in this afternoon and tomorrow doesn't look good soooo......

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk306/girofan/morningride.jpg (http://s283.photobucket.com/user/girofan/media/morningride.jpg.html)

mktng
05-17-2013, 10:18 AM
thats the spirit.
what a sexy machine.

rodcad
05-17-2013, 10:20 AM
I do the same thing! I'm self employed and work out of my apartment. Here in CO it rains a lot in the afternoon so I'm into "nooners". Riding "nooners" for those of you with impure minds :)

Funny how I always seem to have mid day "meetings", at least that's my excuse.

Columbus SLX
05-17-2013, 10:45 AM
I do the same thing! I'm self employed and work out of my apartment. Here in CO it rains a lot in the afternoon so I'm into "nooners". Riding "nooners" for those of you with impure minds :)

Funny how I always seem to have mid day "meetings", at least that's my excuse.

I am also self-employed and work at home, and have made a terrible habit of justifying mid-day rides as the "90 minutes I'm saving by not having to commute to Boston anymore."

zott28
05-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm not self employed, but work for a great company that encourages exercise during the day. Run or ride every afternoon! Makes home life much better too, not having to squeeze in exercise after the family goes to sleep.

avalonracing
05-17-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm not self employed, but work for a great company that encourages exercise during the day. Run or ride every afternoon! Makes home life much better too, not having to squeeze in exercise after the family goes to sleep.

No THAT is a good company! Too bad most companies (and people) "Don't get it".

VonTrapp
05-17-2013, 12:02 PM
I've tired to convince my boss to let me work from home so I have more flexibility in ride/training times at my local velodrome (Hellyer). But....... Hard to manage and teach a classroom full of kids via Skype video chat....

Nice boss you have!

merlinmurph
05-17-2013, 12:31 PM

Got the same deal here. Being able to ride during the day was actually a condition of employment for me and was initially a point of contention. Eventually, we worked it out and the employer has learned that it's a not a big deal at all. Great place to work, was out for 2+ hours yeaterday.

Enjoy the new ride T.J.,
Murph

T.J.
05-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Got the same deal here. Being able to ride during the day was actually a condition of employment for me and was initially a point of contention. Eventually, we worked it out and the employer has learned that it's a not a big deal at all. Great place to work, was out for 2+ hours yeaterday.

Enjoy the new ride T.J.,
Murph

Sounds like me. When the company that I now work for was negotiating with me that was one thing I asked for. The response was you have X amount of work to a day. Doesn't matter if its done 8am -10am then 1pm-6pm as long as it gets done.

dd74
05-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Where do you guys work that allow you to ride during the day? I'd like a job like that. :)

T.J.
05-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Where do you guys work that allow you to ride during the day? I'd like a job like that. :)

Consulting/sales type work. Work from home. Flexibility !!

dd74
05-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Consulting/sales type work. Work from home. Flexibility !!
PM'd you.

T.J.
05-17-2013, 02:46 PM
PM'd you.

Didn't get it

dd74
05-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Didn't get it
Look again.

zott28
05-17-2013, 03:55 PM

I'm in marketing for a food company. It's nation wide but family owned. I once worked for Nestle and life was not like this.
My CEO sometimes passes me on our runs and joins the Friday rides. It's all about company culture. They believe Personal life is as important as Professional life.