PDA

View Full Version : Campy Groupset Purchase

pjmsj21
05-16-2013, 04:34 PM
If a frame purchase goes through, I will be looking to purchase a lower level Campy group. Any suggestions as to who is currently pretty competitive?

Thanks

Pat

stackie
05-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Just bought a Chorus group from Total Cycling. But, it changes all the time as to who is most competitive. At first, Ribble was best price, but then a few days later when I went to order, their price had jumped.

I'd check those two.

Lickton's (lickbike.com) in the USA came pretty close on price and theirs is a US group that would have US warranty. They were about $100 more including shipping charges. I just took the chance on euro stuff as I have never had occasion to warranty a bicycle component.

jon

stackie
05-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Uhh, sorry if that is not what you meant by lower level...

Jon

pjmsj21
05-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks....I am also open to new old stock ie 2012 and 11.

Buzz!
05-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Haven't seen better prices on Campy than Planet Cyclery so far...

OperaLover
05-16-2013, 05:50 PM
These guys will price match or at least try (to any U.S. retailer). Great people to work with.

oldpotatoe
05-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Haven't seen better prices on Campy than Planet Cyclery so far...

Ask about warranty if you care about such things..and no, in spite of what they may say, they are not warrantied thru Campagnolo NA or their agents. 'Maybe' self warranty but....

Vientomas
05-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Velomine

biker72
05-16-2013, 06:06 PM
velomine

+1

akelman
05-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Velomine if you want a good deal from some good guys. Call them with comps for the best prices. Vecchio's (http://www.vecchios.com/) if you want to support one of the better forumites and know that, in a pinch (a warranty issue), he'll support you.

oldpotatoe
05-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Velomine if you want a good deal from some good guys. Call them with comps for the best prices. Vecchio's (http://www.vecchios.com/) if you want to support one of the better forumites and know that, in a pinch (a warranty issue), he'll support you.

Grazie, appreciate the kind words.

Peter

sfscott
05-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Mike is very knowledgeable and will source you stuff. Just don't expect Amazon-like speed and infrastructure.

nm87710
05-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Try Ribble.

malcolm
05-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Just a note on Lictons. I've bought several campy groups from them and they almost always have good prices and I've never had a problem but unless things have changed their online process isn't great nor were they email responsive. I did all my transactions via the phone. It's been a couple years so maybe things have changed. They were very helpful over the phone.

ntb1001
05-17-2013, 08:40 AM
I've bought a couple of campy groups from Bike24. Good prices and no problems with shipping. I have never even been charged and taxes or duties when it's shipped.
http://www.bike24.com/

oldpotatoe
05-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Try Ribble. Good prices, delivery and inventory. Even though in the UK they provide warranty service if you send it back - just like in the US only usually faster since they don't go through distribution.

Most don't go through 'distribution' in the US, at least I don't. Most Campag pro shops go to Campagnolo, NA for those rare warranty issues.

I have warrantied some stuff bought MO also, sometimes si, sometimes no.

Most UK places self warranty anyway.

Dan Le foot
05-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Just bought a Chorus group from Total Cycling. But, it changes all the time as to who is most competitive. At first, Ribble was best price, but then a few days later when I went to order, their price had jumped.

I'd check those two.

Lickton's (lickbike.com) in the USA came pretty close on price and theirs is a US group that would have US warranty. They were about $100 more including shipping charges. I just took the chance on euro stuff as I have never had occasion to warranty a bicycle component.

jon

We bought 3 Chorus groups from Lickton over the last few years. Prices were competitive enough to buy USA.
Yesterday I took a cassette of and found a broken spacer. I called Lick. They are having the part shipped at no charge. Try that with a UK etailer.
Love great customer service.
Dan