PDA

View Full Version : Basic Bike Fit Chart

Too Tall
03-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Folks. Vet this chart for me. It will be used at a clinic for a bike team learning the basics from an expert in bike fit...not me, I offered to create a spreadsheet. The purpose of this chart is for each person to use on their own at home. Hopefully this will encourage each to know how to measure their own bikes and pay attention! Feedback humbly accepted.

Bike Fit 101 (http://www.ahealinghand.com/images/general/bikefit-101.xls)

zap
03-03-2004, 08:47 AM
I like "Crank Hanger"

Might want to add a list of pedals and there respective axle to sole distance. This can vary as much as 1.2cm between Speedplays and Looks.

Depending on how much detail is needed, you might want to include stem rise as well.

Otherwise I think it looks good.

Kevan
03-03-2004, 09:07 AM
then again, maybe it ain't that important...

Would you want to reference the bottom bracket drop? I would imagine two lines drawn, one between the inside of the fork dropout to inside of the rear dropout (let's refer to it as the "Dropout Line" or DL) and then a second line drawn perpendicular to the DL intersecting the center of the BB pipe, would help reference preferred BB drop.

Oh, and there’s no reference to kickstand.

This spreadsheet is fantastic. Thanks!

Too Tall
03-03-2004, 10:31 AM
(waving a dysgraphic TooTall wand) it is so....

Thanks, good suggestions. Added both.

Kevan
03-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Too Tall,

Allowing a bit more time for possible additional comments can you resubmit your spreadsheet with any changes you've made?

Thanks. This is the best effort I've seen as yet.

Then... some might say I don't get around too much.

Ozz
03-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Pretty cool - thanks.

FWIW -

I was thumbing thru an old copy of "Bicycling" (I know, it's worthless) and saw an ad for Merlin.

In the ad, it discussed how they were custom, made-to-measure, etc....The interesting part was that it said that when you received your new Merlin, you would also receive a full-sized blue-print drawing of your frame & fork.

I thought this was pretty cool and think it would be a nice option for Serotta's also.

Too Tall
03-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Kev., there is time. The team won't meet until next week. Ozz, if you ask I believe serotta will provide a scale "build" sheet that includes a drawing.

zap
03-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Drawings were available at one time. Still have the drawing for my wife's 9 year old Serotta.