PDA

View Full Version : 2006 tdf, basso and ullrich

shaq-d
12-03-2005, 02:08 AM
from cycling news:
---
After looking carefully at the 2006 Tour de France parcours, Basso declared: "I don't like the Tour course. There's no doubt that it's perfect for Ullrich. But I will also have my possibilities in the Pyrenees and the Alps."
---

seems to me the french tdf organizers -- who perhaps have always loved the 2nd-best types like poulidor... are trying to give ullrich a chance. would the frenchies want a german to win over an italian? hmm...

sd

loctite
12-03-2005, 07:16 AM
the french want anyone other than an American to win, id CRAP if someone like Levi L. won next wear! :p

RedCoeurd'Acier
12-03-2005, 08:34 AM
next year. I think Ullrich will need to be in the best shape of his life, and his WEIGHT must be at 72 kilo's in order for him to win. He has failed miserably in the past because he was too heavy. When he was 72 kilo's back in '97, he won the tour. since then the only time he was close was in 2003, his lightest weight since '97. He sure needs a big win to redeem himself!!

bluesea
12-03-2005, 09:16 AM
He sure needs a big win to redeem himself!!

He's been at the top of the game for about 9 years.

shralp
12-03-2005, 11:45 AM
"failed miserably" is a little strong

arsegas
12-03-2005, 01:35 PM
...I read a few weeks back on velonews that Ullrich really likes the 2006 TdF route and now in this posting that Basso's not a fan and thinks the route is perfect for Ullrich. What is it about the 2006 TdF route that makes it well-suited for Ullrich, and less suited to Basso?

Thanks,
Eric

gasman
12-03-2005, 02:46 PM
...I read a few weeks back on velonews that Ullrich really likes the 2006 TdF route and now in this posting that Basso's not a fan and thinks the route is perfect for Ullrich. What is it about the 2006 TdF route that makes it well-suited for Ullrich, and less suited to Basso?

Thanks,
Eric

I think Basso doth protest too much.

The minds games start.

I think Basso will win.

ada@prorider.or
12-03-2005, 06:28 PM
next year. I think Ullrich will need to be in the best shape of his life, and his WEIGHT must be at 72 kilo's in order for him to win. He has failed miserably in the past because he was too heavy. When he was 72 kilo's back in '97, he won the tour. since then the only time he was close was in 2003, his lightest weight since '97. He sure needs a big win to redeem himself!!

well i do not think the weight of jan is going win or loose the tour 2006 but it plays a important role
i was there contant with the them i think he won becuase he had RIIS beside him telling him what to do and what not

if he is on the team of RIIS i think he could win it

jerk
12-03-2005, 06:32 PM
well i do not think the weight of jan is going win or loose the tour 2006 but it plays a important role
i was there contant with the them i think he won becuase he had RIIS beside him telling him what to do and what not

if he is on the team of RIIS i think he could win it

what cees said.

jan will win...but only if basso cracks.

jerk

Fixed
12-03-2005, 07:18 PM
bro what's with that young spanish rider who can climb and sprint .cheers :beer:

george
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Basso wants to go for the Giro Tour double. His boss Bjarne Riis pulls rank and says NO! He wants all of Basso's effort and energy to be on winning the Tdf in 2006...

Andreu
12-05-2005, 02:50 AM
gains too much and then loses it too quickly.
i.m.h.o
If he can control this there would be no contest.