PDA

View Full Version : I must be ENORMOUS....LOL

ti_boi
12-02-2005, 09:49 PM
So I ordered one of those nifty Hincapie Jerseys from our Serotta online store. It arrived promptly. I love the color.

BUT it is an XXL, and even in that size runs a little snug [for all you big boys out there] a word of advice....XXL is more like XL...(or a lil smaller)....I like it though and it'll serve as motivation to slim down in this....this holiday season! RideOn :)

george
12-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Thats why I hate ordering jerseys from online sometimes XLs, XXLs, XXXLs, sometimes XXXXLs,each manufacture has a different fit. European sizing,1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... our sizing guide translated...I have ordered two or three sizes and kept the one that fits and return the others.

William
12-05-2005, 05:28 AM
I have the same problem. Ordered an XXL Decent jersey once. I think my seven yr old son could wear it, because there is no way I could get that thing on.

Who do they pattern these things after????

William

Bradford
12-05-2005, 07:46 AM
I only buy shirts when I can see the size chart that lists chest size in inches. That way I know what I'm getting.

The Serotta shirts must be the racing fit. My PMC team used Hincapie this year and the XXL club fit is nice and roomy.

ti_boi
12-05-2005, 08:55 AM
I only buy shirts when I can see the size chart that lists chest size in inches. That way I know what I'm getting.

The Serotta shirts must be the racing fit. My PMC team used Hincapie this year and the XXL club fit is nice and roomy.

Hmmmm. It sounds like it might make me faster, but oh those love handles! UGH.

SoCalSteve
12-05-2005, 10:40 AM
I bought the XXl and it doesnt fit me either...

A suggestion: Assos makes a XXXL (TIR) and it fits me nicely...expensive, but great stuff!

Also, Fox makes great oversaized bike sstuff (if you dont mind wearing MTB or BMX stuff).

Good luck!

I always tell my wife that I am a size 14 in a size 13 world. Especially when it comes to cycling gear.

Steve

TimD
12-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Agreed that the Hincapie stuff is very nice, but very tight for the size.

A Giordana 5/L is perfect, a Hincapie L is marginal. In fact the one-off
Serotta jersey purchased from S. James earlier this year may appear in the
Classifieds section soon for just this reason :(

TimD

Roy E. Munson
12-05-2005, 01:25 PM

Cyclists

ti_boi
12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Ugh....Munsoned, again!

Mr. T
12-05-2005, 02:11 PM
I pity the fool that buys sissy spandex stuff to ride their bike. Do what Mr. T does and ride in cutoff jeans and t-shirts with the sleeves ripped out for my guns to breath... grrrrrrr. Tight stuff cuts off my mojo. When it gets cold throw on some sweats chump.

Sandy
12-05-2005, 02:44 PM
So what does T stand for? Tenderness??

Sandy

Mr. T
12-05-2005, 03:09 PM
The T stands for Tough. Check out the link below bro as I've got some riding to do.

http://members.aol.com/Sucka000/TvsBarker.html

ti_boi
12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
I bought my first cycling shorts sometime in the late eighties....a pair of bellwethers....I've never looked back! Style baby....style.

manet
12-05-2005, 03:25 PM
The T stands for Tough. Check out the link below bro as I've got some riding to do.

stay in school fool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._T

Fixed
12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
I have the same problem. Ordered an XXL Decent jersey once. I think my seven yr old son could wear it, because there is no way I could get that thing on.

Williambro ever win one as a preem it's always a size my son can wear he's got more jerseys than I do cheers :beer:

Mr. T
12-05-2005, 03:42 PM
stay in school fool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._T

Dang chump, why did you have to out my real last name. Kinda like that boy named Sue. Made me mean, made me tough, made me hungry fool... Grrrrrr.

Sandy
12-05-2005, 04:37 PM

You may start out as Mr. Tough, but when it is all done you are probably Mr. Tender. Tough on the ouside but tender in the inside. :) :)

Mr. S

William
12-05-2005, 05:03 PM
You may start out as Mr. Tough, but when it is all done you are probably Mr. Tender. Tough on the ouside but tender in the inside. :) :)

Mr. S

What about a Pez? Hard on the outside, fizzy on the inside? :rolleyes:

William ;)

CalfeeFly
12-05-2005, 05:27 PM

William

Pantani

William
12-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Pantani

And dat's da truth! Pthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p .....

William ;)

William
12-06-2005, 05:17 AM
bro ever win one as a preem it's always a size my son can wear he's got more jerseys than I do cheers :beer:

For prime/preems I won just about everything but jerseys. I won helmets up the wazooo. Still have a Giro Ventoux and a Specialized sub-6 left over. Still in the boxes. :rolleyes:

William

Sandy
12-06-2005, 05:19 AM
What about a Pez? Hard on the outside, fizzy on the inside? :rolleyes:

William ;)

What about a Kevan? Not so attractive on the outside, but warm and fuzzy on the inside? :rolleyes: :)

Sandy

William
12-06-2005, 05:21 AM
What about a Kevan? Not so attractive on the outside, but warm and fuzzy on the inside? :rolleyes: :)

Sandy

Is he a moldy Kiwi? :confused:

William ;)