PDA

View Full Version : I underachieved as a kid

beta_hat
05-14-2013, 05:35 PM
These kids know exactly how I about riding my bike!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rSH5K5LlE8&feature=youtu.be

terry
05-14-2013, 05:55 PM
I can't take 10seconds of that music.

thirdgenbird
05-14-2013, 06:19 PM
At least they are setting an example by wearing helmets and using the twin cities well established bike lanes.

charliedid
05-15-2013, 07:31 AM
They are kids...

Well done.

thirdgenbird
05-15-2013, 07:56 AM
They are kids...

Exactly.

It is a bad example to set for the target audiance. Several scenes are far from sharing the road. These kids are shown riding 3 or 4 abreast in front of traffic. The adults organizing and funding this should have known better.

On a lighter note, the kids showed more talent than many of the artists I hear on the radio.

redir
05-15-2013, 08:04 AM
I think it's great. :)

William
05-15-2013, 08:08 AM
"These two wheels gonna take me far...":cool:

William

charliedid
05-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Exactly.

It is a bad example to set for the target audiance. Several scenes are far from sharing the road. These kids are shown riding 3 or 4 abreast in front of traffic. The adults organizing and funding this should have known better.

On a lighter note, the kids showed more talent than many of the artists I hear on the radio.

Target audience? hahaha....they made this thing themselves and they and their friends are the "TA" not old grumpy dudes on cyclo-forums.

Kids.

charliedid
05-15-2013, 09:22 AM
I think it's great. :)

me2

DRZRM
05-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Awesome!! I like the kid with the training wheels!! Two thumbs up!

thirdgenbird
05-15-2013, 10:22 AM
they made this thing themselves

No adults helped, supervised, or financed? These kids bought the camera equipment, drove the chase vehicle, and got permission to ride in the mall themselves?

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to take away from kids doing something constructive and I don't want to sound cranky, but we complain about cars not sharing the road and then we brush it off when tables are turned.

Fishbike
05-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. . . .maybe they are not following every rule. . .

But I love seeing kids today play outside in groups. Whether biking or skateboading or playing unorganized baseball or soccer or hacky sack -- it's just a rare thing. It's good to see them off their butts and doing something healthy, even if it involves some part-of-growing-up stupid risks. Hey, I am a huge proponent of wearing helmets, particularly on kids, but I was well over 18 before I started wearing one. Good video.

thirdgenbird
05-15-2013, 12:19 PM
I agree, I apologize if my comments came across as being disapointed in the kids themselves. I'm not. It is great seeing them active, outside, and learning.

charliedid
05-16-2013, 07:28 AM
I agree, I apologize if my comments came across as being disapointed in the kids themselves. I'm not. It is great seeing them active, outside, and learning.

Yep, there is a time and place for security and concern. Sometimes we just need to let kids be kids.

We all knew what you meant. :)