PDA

View Full Version : We're all in the wrong business...

mktng
05-14-2013, 10:52 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/disney_world_srich_kid_outrage_zTBA0xrvZRkIVc1zItX GDP

Up to $1000+ a day.

54ny77
05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
that is disgusting.

i was just there a month or so ago, and at the time i had a wicked back injury & searing pain that prevented me from walking more than 5-10 min. at a clip (i had to sit down & rest for a bit each time).

but, i sucked it up & had a nice time w/family. didn't see everything, but that's ok.

edit: by the way, the gm experience at epcot is a pretty cool ride. and the car display at the end is neat as well--you can sit in a variety of vehicles.

Tony T
05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
I wish them (the guides) the best. They should charge more.

The “black-market Disney guides” run $130 an hour....
Disney Tours offers a VIP guide and fast passes for $310 to $380 per hour.

Aaron O
05-14-2013, 11:02 AM
WOW...clever of the guides at any rate.

CDollarsign
05-14-2013, 11:15 AM
This is whats wrong with america

Tony T
05-14-2013, 11:18 AM
This is whats wrong with america

Yeah, the "rich" should pay Disney $380/hr to cut the line, not the disabled.

killacks
05-14-2013, 01:15 PM
That was F'in awesome in bad way

jr59
05-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Thats not the only place stuff like this happens.

I know of somebody that rents a wheelchair when they want to go to concerts.
Not the person in the wheelchair, just a wheelchair and then gets almost front row tix. I have seen it work more times than I can count.

MattTuck
05-14-2013, 01:26 PM

Not the person in the wheelchair, just a wheelchair and then gets almost front row tix. I have seen it work more times than I can count.

I hope they lose their hearing from the loud music and learn what it is really like to live with a disability.

eBAUMANN
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
hahaha holy crap, thats just so wrong on so many levels.

Aaron O
05-14-2013, 01:41 PM

How different is it from the dozens of people with handicapped spaces in front of their houses that I see walking their dogs on a daily basis? There are always SOBs who will abuse the system.

jmoore
05-14-2013, 01:43 PM
As the father of a disabled child confined to a wheelchair, this makes me want to hit someone in the face with a 2x4. Absolutely disgusting.

redir
05-14-2013, 01:48 PM
See? Trickle down really does work. :hello:

'And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table...'

Aaron O
05-14-2013, 01:51 PM
As the father of a disabled child confined to a wheelchair, this makes me want to hit someone in the face with a 2x4. Absolutely disgusting.

And the message it sends to the kids:

"It's OK to use money to gain privilege by exploiting loop holes designed around the less fortunate. You're more important than the other kids waiting in line."

Then again, it is the New York post...they're one very small step away from Bat Boy and seeing images of L Ron Hubbard in potato chips.

goonster
05-14-2013, 02:05 PM
I was at Disneyworld with a (genuinely) disabled family member a few years ago, and was not aware of this expedited access. The park charged for wheelchair rental (not cheap), and we never felt there was an extraordinary level of elevated status afforded to the disabled (nor did we really expect it).

PQJ
05-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Disgusting indeed but not even remotely surprising. Where there's $$ to be made, people will make it. It's called capitalism.

verticaldoug
05-14-2013, 02:52 PM
better yet, you can spend money to get a doctor to say your child has a learning disability. This way they can have unlimited time for all standardized tests. It helps for SAT exams when you take time out of the equation.

Gummee
05-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Y'all are looking at this all wrong: kudos to the 'guides' for figuring out a way to make $! ...AND... at the same time soaking the more well-to-do.

Work the system, don't let the system work you

M

norcalbiker
05-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Who said that money can't buy time?

My kids call "Disney Land" "Disney Line"

sparky33
05-14-2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/disney_world_srich_kid_outrage_zTBA0xrvZRkIVc1zItX GDP

Up to $1000+ a day.

I would rather stick hot coals in my shorts than work at or visit Disney.
I dread the inevitable day that my wee kids ask to go to DW.

MattTuck
05-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Y'all are looking at this all wrong: kudos to the 'guides' for figuring out a way to make $! ...AND... at the same time soaking the more well-to-do.

Work the system, don't let the system work you

M

Sounds like [CENSORED]'s business model. :help:

bicycletricycle
05-14-2013, 03:26 PM
we used to get to skip to the front of the line because my grandma was in a wheelchair, it was awesome.

disney is going to have to shut down that loophole. r they going to have to make you prove that the handicapped person is indeed your friend or family member?

MattTuck
05-14-2013, 03:28 PM
we used to get to skip to the front of the line because my grandma was in a wheelchair, it was awesome.

disney is going to have to shut down that loophole. r they going to have to make you prove that the handicapped person is indeed your friend or family member?

As I understand it, they take your fingerprint now and check ID when you go into Disney.

I'm sure they know exactly how many times this individual entered the park.

Tony T
05-14-2013, 04:35 PM

Of course! But, the "Disney Tours VIP guide" and "fast passes for $310 to $380/hr" to anyone with the cash will not be affected.

Fitzgerald: The rich are different than you and me.
Hemingway: Yes, they have more money.