PDA

View Full Version : Question About Incoming Handspun Wheelset...

xeladragon
05-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Assuming the wheels are true out-of-the-box, is it OK to ride them as is, or is it better to have them checked out, tensioned, etc., by a LBS first?

oldpotatoe
05-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Assuming the wheels are true out-of-the-box, is it OK to ride them as is, or is it better to have them checked out, tensioned, etc., by a LBS first?

These come from Quality Bike Parts, a humongous bike part distributor and the people that make these are pretty good..go ride 'em.

xeladragon
05-14-2013, 03:22 PM
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks OP!

eippo1
05-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Yah, they are still built by peeps who know what they are doing and check 'em out thoroughly after they build them. I'm very happy with my set of wheels from them after many 'cross miles.

gomango
05-14-2013, 07:37 PM
These come from Quality Bike Parts, a humongous bike part distributor and the people that make these are pretty good..go ride 'em.

+1

Lots of good folks building these in Bloomington.

I've owned two sets over the years and still use them on my Kvales.

danl1
05-14-2013, 07:53 PM

As I recall, I put a couple thou on my pair before they got any attention.

And that was a blown alloy nipple. It happens.

Gummee
05-15-2013, 09:05 AM
+1

All the people that build those wheels do all day every day is build wheels. They're better at it than I am...

If I didn't already have stashes of spokes, nipples, and hubs, I'd go their route.

M