PDA

View Full Version : PF30 campy cups creaking

R3awak3n
05-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Installed some ultra torque cranks on my spooky using the campy OS cups, first couple of weeks it was fine but now its creaking, a lot. I also think they are popping out. Researched a bunch and saw that a lot of people have this problem, some people resolve with with loctite but some are never able to. I really do not want to try 100 things and not use the bike.

I saw that parlee just released their version of the cups, its deeper and apprently much better designed. Anyone has had any experience with those or any experience with getting rid of the creaking?

thank you.

akelman
05-12-2013, 03:09 PM
I have no direct experience, but everyone says the Parlee cups do the job.

Tony T
05-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Anyone has had any experience with those or any experience with getting rid of the creaking?

I had the exact same problem on a Ti frame. The Parlee Cups (http://www.parleecycles.com/store/) resolved the problem.
(BTW, Parlee recommends and includes Loctite with the cups, but I installed the cups w/o it)

R3awak3n
05-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks guys, I think I am going to order the Parlee one and have my LBS switch the campy one with the Parlee one. I read too much of people wasting too much time trying to work with the campy ones so I am going just go the Parlee way and hope that it works out.

Thanks again guys!