PDA

View Full Version : Campy rims

cmbicycles
05-11-2013, 10:13 PM
I was gifted a set of never used 32 h campy victory strada rims. They are currently laced to 7s Ultegra hubs. I was thinking of relacing them to a set of 10s Record hubs to run on my SLX Tomasso. I am about 195, but generally easy on wheels.
Are these strong enough for my intended use? I've not had a set of tubular wheels for regular daily use. I had bought a set of Ambrosio montreal rims last week to use for this bike, so now i am also trying to decide between the two.

Thoughts, or comments?

oldpotatoe
05-12-2013, 08:02 AM
I was gifted a set of never used 32 h campy victory strada rims. They are currently laced to 7s Ultegra hubs. I was thinking of relacing them to a set of 10s Record hubs to run on my SLX Tomasso. I am about 195, but generally easy on wheels.
Are these strong enough for my intended use? I've not had a set of tubular wheels for regular daily use. I had bought a set of Ambrosio montreal rims last week to use for this bike, so now i am also trying to decide between the two.

Thoughts, or comments?

The Ambrosio are a little heavier, 430 vs 370 grams but I think either would work fine. Both double eyelet.

I use some Campagnolo Omega..about 350 grams..36 hole but no issues..I'm .1 offa ton(plus a little).