PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 500 won't connect/upload

emckee1
05-10-2013, 08:11 AM
I recently updated the Firmware on my Garmin 500 and since then get the message "TypeError: "undefined" is not an object" when attempting to upload to Garmin Connect on my computer (Mac using Safari). I traded several e-mails with Garmin Product Support, but they were not able to fix the issue. In fact, it took 3 e-mail exchanges before they comprehended that I was uploading to a Mac.

Anyone else had this issue and can recommend a fix? Maybe just a "hard" reset of the unit?

Thanks in advance.

sc53
05-10-2013, 08:13 AM
I have an 800 and it seems the "hard reset" is the default last-ditch option to all problems. One other thing, try connecting with a non-Safari browser, like Firefox, Chrome, etc. Sometimes Safari craps out I don't know why.

bluesea
05-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Chrome-Garmin has been disabled almost a year now on my MacBookPro. Safari and Firefox have remained functional. Since then Garmin has stopped auto-alerts for updates. ymmv

technicolor
05-10-2013, 10:06 AM
I would try a hard reset. Check Garmin's support site for details.

I've also never had any issues uploading rides from Google Chrome. I'm using Chrome 26.0.1410.65 with the latest Garmin Connect software.