PDA

View Full Version : Question about Jagwire L3 lined 4 MM Housing

Ralph
05-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Just ordered some. You guys lubing this housing before you use it? With new wires? I have some Lithium grease I can spray thru it. I usually do on older housing I am reusing.

GRAVELBIKE
05-09-2013, 05:43 PM
If you are going to use lube, don't use anything too thick. Something like Boeshield, Prolink, etc, will be good.

Ralph
05-09-2013, 08:11 PM
The L3 is described as their prelubed housing. I don't usually lube Campy pre lubed housing on first use. Just wondered folks experience with jag wire pre lubed cable housing.

BTW....I imagine most folks buy their standard un lubed housing. I know it works fine.

SteveV0983
05-09-2013, 08:21 PM
I've used their Racer complete kits for years. That kit comes with the L3 cable housing and I have never used any lube whatsoever and they have worked flawlessly. I wouldn't use anything if I were you.

oldpotatoe
05-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Just ordered some. You guys lubing this housing before you use it? With new wires? I have some Lithium grease I can spray thru it. I usually do on older housing I am reusing.

I see you ordered it, are you using it on 2009 and later Campagnolo? If not, I'd recommend 5mm der housing for 2008 and earlier ERGO and all shimano/sram..works better lasts longer..and find/use some metal(brass is best) ferrules..MY opinion, of course.

10-4...then use brass ferrules at the frame and 5mm housing and brass ferrules at the RD. I use/sell a lot of Jagwire, 4mm if required and 5mm if not. Always brass ferrules when directedf.

Ralph
05-10-2013, 07:32 AM
All my Campy stuff (2010 and 2011) takes 4 MM. No ferules in hoods. I do have brass/metal 4 MM ferules for frame. I usually just use Campy stuff, but only needed a few feet to redo a bike. Could have bought anything really, but noticed you said you used Jagwire sometimes....and I also noticed they seem to have regular housing, and something they call L3 lined housing. That's reason for my question. Thanks for your reply.

I sometimes use housing a long time. Thru several wire changes. Just squirt grease thru it and short derailleur piece before using. Works fine for me, but we don't have Colorado spring sand, and I don't ride in rain or slush....or off road. Florida roads and trails easy on bikes.