PDA

View Full Version : Cross tires pressure

gasman
11-30-2005, 04:38 PM
OK the doc says I can start riding my bike on the road on Friday. So to make sure I really enjoy riding I am going to do my first cross race on Sunday with my mtn bike, big tires and all. Assuming it is going to be very wet and muddy what king of pressure should I run on my clincher mtn bike tires ? I have no idea and am just guessing. would 50 psi work ? too low too high ?

e-RICHIE
11-30-2005, 04:42 PM
OK the doc says I can start riding my bike on the road on Friday. So to make sure I really enjoy riding I am going to do my first cross race on Sunday with my mtn bike, big tires and all. Assuming it is going to be very wet and muddy what king of pressure should I run on my clincher mtn bike tires ? I have no idea and am just guessing. would 50 psi work ? too low too high ?

50psi is mad painful.
muddy?
32psi is fine.
i did last week's snow race with 25psi.
hey - thanks for reading.
e-RICHIE©™®

Sandy
11-30-2005, 06:34 PM

Is it wise to start riding your bike by undertaking your first cross race on Sunday?

Safe Sandy

e-RICHIE
11-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Is it wise to start riding your bike by undertaking your first cross race on Sunday?

Safe Sandy

no. it's mad painful imho, bro.

gasman
11-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks e-Richie-32 psi it is.
Don't worry Sandy my goal is to just experience cross riding, not to be a madman Sansman.

e-RICHIE
11-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks e-Richie-32 psi it is.
Don't worry Sandy my goal is to just experience cross riding, not to be a madman Sansman.

doh
by the way, it's condition specific. if the terrain is groomed,
and perfect, and smooth, and not MTB-y at all, i would still
be at less than 45psi. but if there is ANY mud, ruts, or whatnot,
have a deflate-o-thon pronto.

gasman
11-30-2005, 07:40 PM
doh
by the way, it's condition specific. if the terrain is groomed,
and perfect, and smooth, and not MTB-y at all, i would still
be at less than 45psi. but if there is ANY mud, ruts, or whatnot,
have a deflate-o-thon pronto.

I will see how it rides when the course opens for warmup and the adjust accordingly. I expect lots of mud as we have had a lot of rain this last week.
Gonna be interesting and I will stick around t9o watch the big boys and girls show me how it's really done.
I'll be looking for you Coy ! Shino you gonna be there ?

shinomaster
11-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Nope not me...I did my last race at Estacada two sundays ago...Sunday is now a day of rest for this shinomaster.

Good LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-richie is correct...MAD painful.

gasman
12-05-2005, 01:51 PM
e-Richie-

Thanks so much for the tire advice. 32 psi worked great and I had a blast. Cyclecross is hard !!! I am amazed at the good riders.If I can get the photos to upload I will post one of myself.

Gasman

gasman
12-05-2005, 07:23 PM
e-Richie-
Thanks for the tire pressure advice-it was spot on. Cross was a lot of fun and a lot of pain. I really enjoyed racing and it was great to be on the bike after a month off.
Gas

spincycle
12-05-2005, 07:59 PM
gasman,

check your pm on how to use iPhoto to export file formats suitable to post

Frank

shinomaster
12-06-2005, 12:25 AM
e-Richie-
Thanks for the tire pressure advice-it was spot on. Cross was a lot of fun and a lot of pain. I really enjoyed racing and it was great to be on the bike after a month off.
Gas

Wow racing after a month off...wish I could do that!