PDA

View Full Version : Giro Stage 3

estilley
05-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Anyone watching?

Looks like it's shaping up to be a good one. Hesjedal on the attack earlier, all of the GCs in a pack in the front.

chengher87
05-06-2013, 10:01 AM
I was hoping he'd get to the top alone and see what risks he would take on the descent to open up the gap further. With Astana on the front, let's see if Nibali will try something.

cfox
05-06-2013, 10:28 AM
ha! did you see 'the winner' (no spoiler from me) point to his skateboarding helmet as he crossed the line? Yup, it was the helmet for sure!

jpw
05-06-2013, 10:42 AM
ha! did you see 'the winner' (no spoiler from me) point to his skateboarding helmet as he crossed the line? Yup, it was the helmet for sure!

...and Assos Zegho Exploit glasses.

They're expensive, but gentlemen, i have a pair of Zeghos and they're wonderful.

jpw
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
that was quite exciting.

Cadel has his game brain switched on. Go that Welshman.

chengher87
05-06-2013, 10:52 AM
that was quite exciting.

Cadel has his game brain switched on. Go that Welshman.

It was a great ride by him. He was left in the dust on the climb, great descending put him back in the front group and he has the most power of the GC guys and got himself a 12 second bonus. Hesjadal squeezed in for third too and he toughened the race up quite a bit with his constant attacking. Hopefully, he doesn't burn himself up before the mountains.

false_Aest
05-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Hopefully, he doesn't burn himself up before the mountains.

+1

i got money riding on a repeat with cuddles as a 2nd.

azrider
05-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Hopefully, he doesn't burn himself up before the mountains.

I think he'll be alright

jr59
05-06-2013, 04:36 PM
I think if that tweet is true;

The rest of the field better strap it up tight!
It's going to be a wild, fast ride!

bluesea
05-06-2013, 04:56 PM
...and Assos Zegho Exploit glasses.

They're expensive, but gentlemen, i have a pair of Zeghos and they're wonderful.

Are they now? :D

Anyway after all this time I now have a rider to root for, and that's Ryder.

chengher87
05-06-2013, 05:32 PM
I think he'll be alright

It will only be a problem if the other Garmin riders felt the same as David Millar today. Hesjadal may be fine, but Sky and Astana have a much stronger squad than Hesjadal's rivals last year (Katusha and Lampre) and both Wiggins and Nibali are far stronger Time-trialists than Purito and Scarponi. Although Garmin finally not sending Farrar and giving Hesjadal an extra domestique is promising. Though I would like Hesjadal's chances more if Talansky or Martin were on the roster too. But I guess you can't burn all your bullets before the Tour de France.

Raffy
05-06-2013, 08:00 PM
It was a great ride by him. He was left in the dust on the climb, great descending put him back in the front group and he has the most power of the GC guys and got himself a 12 second bonus

Agreed, it was a quiet but impressive ride for Cadel. I saw BMC form a little bit on the descent but I didn't think much of it as Cadel has been under the radar all year. Perhaps this is the turn in form he's been looking for finally??

laupsi
05-07-2013, 05:20 AM
stage 3 was an awesome stage, and so early. have to say, I am quite tired of the Paul and Phil show here in the US, having two distinctly effective commentators this year and having the camera shots come mostly from the motors w/live sound, what a tour this is gonna be!

jpw
05-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Are they now? :D

Anyway after all this time I now have a rider to root for, and that's Ryder.

today on stage 4 he's wearing the Noire version. Yesterday looked like the Exploit, but I could have been mistaken.

Llewellyn
05-07-2013, 08:08 AM
have to say, I am quite tired of the Paul and Phil show here in the US, having two distinctly effective commentators this year and having the camera shots come mostly from the motors w/live sound, what a tour this is gonna be!

I don't know who is doing the commentary for the Aussie highlights but they make Phil and Paul look like experts. They come from the football school of commentating where they think shouting creates a sense of excitement. They barely know the names of any riders and seem to know almost nothing about the sport :mad:

I suspect they're "jack of all trades" commentators who were cheaper than Phil & Paul. Shame really, SBS have Matt Keenan and Scott McGrory sitting on the sidelines who would actually do a good job

laupsi
05-07-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't know who is doing the commentary for the Aussie highlights but they make Phil and Paul look like experts. They come from the football school of commentating where they think shouting creates a sense of excitement. They barely know the names of any riders and seem to know almost nothing about the sport :mad:

I suspect they're "jack of all trades" commentators who were cheaper than Phil & Paul. Shame really, SBS have Matt Keenan and Scott McGrory sitting on the sidelines who would actually do a good job

not sure if I'm getting the same feed, didn't inquire to the names of the commentators, but whoever they are, I like them.