PDA

View Full Version : I lost my spiritual leader today

Jack Brunk
05-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Boney Mountain was one of the last part of the Point Mugu State Park to burn today as part of the Springs fire. Thanks to some jerk who threw a cig butt of of their car, over 18,000 acres of prized land died over the last 36 hours. You've all seen the pics of the big granite face that leads into the park and for the last 12 years it has always looked down on me and took good care of me even when I'm running on his dirt and climbing the granite to get on to the top of it's head. I know one thing, you can't burn down a mountain, all you can do is burn it's hair. I lost a few tears this PM watching it burn. Cool thing is it will rise again like the Phoenix.

JB

Louis
05-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Thanks to some jerk who threw a cig butt of of their car, over 18,000 acres of prized land died over the last 36 hours.

That really sncks. Be safe, Jack.

Jack Brunk
05-03-2013, 11:44 PM
the mountain will heal. Latest update up to 28,000 acres burned.

Steve in SLO
05-04-2013, 12:28 AM
We're in risky territory this year, Jack.
I have a cabin in the northern Sierra Madres near Frazier Park and Mt Pinos, and I always breathe a sigh of relief in October when the first rains arrive. You will be amazed at the Manzanita and sage sprouting by next year.

slidey
05-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Stay safe Jack...I get a terrible feeling that we haven't seen the last of the wildfires in SoCal this season yet. Hopefully i'm wrong!

jr59
05-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Be safe you guys.

Climb01742
05-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Yes, be safe, Jack and all in SoCal.

Gummee
05-04-2013, 07:07 AM
I lived in Sandy Eggo when the first big fire happened. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Sucks, but it'll come back pretty quickly.

M

oldpotatoe
05-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Boney Mountain was one of the last part of the Point Mugu State Park to burn today as part of the Springs fire. Thanks to some jerk who threw a cig butt of of their car, over 18,000 acres of prized land died over the last 36 hours. You've all seen the pics of the big granite face that leads into the park and for the last 12 years it has always looked down on me and took good care of me even when I'm running on his dirt and climbing the granite to get on to the top of it's head. I know one thing, you can't burn down a mountain, all you can do is burn it's hair. I lost a few tears this PM watching it burn. Cool thing is it will rise again like the Phoenix.

JB

Big fire there when I was stationed in Pt Mugu in late 80s..very helpless feeling.

christian
05-04-2013, 08:02 AM
We're in risky territory this year, Jack.
I have a cabin in the northern Sierra Madres near Frazier Park and Mt Pinos, and I always breathe a sigh of relief in October when the first rains arrive. You will be amazed at the Manzanita and sage sprouting by next year.

Steve, are you in Pine Mtn Club or somewhere else up there? I love it up there!

LouDeeter
05-04-2013, 08:15 AM
I've launched a few missiles/rockets out of Pt Mugu, sorry to hear this.

Steve in SLO
05-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Steve, are you in Pine Mtn Club or somewhere else up there? I love it up there!

Yes, I am in Pine Mountain club. We love it too. It is just two hours away, and I have an 8600 foot peak and 8800 foot peak to ride up each weekend.