PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Frankfurt in September...How to Scratch the Itch

xanderssor
05-03-2013, 09:41 PM
In september ill be moving to Frankfurt Germany to study at Goethe Uni! Im looking for suggestions as how to go about finding a quality/fun/used/affordable bike while im over there as i would rather not ship one from home. Although i guess it would be an option. Ive peeked at craigslist.....three listings......other good online marketplaces? local auctions? Local shops?

If there are any Frankfurters out there i would love to hear from you as perhaps a starting contact to get involved in the Euro cycling community!

thanks!

choke
05-03-2013, 11:23 PM
While I can't address your question directly, I don't think you'll have any problem finding some nice used bikes for sale over there. I'm pretty sure that member Nags&Ducs is in Germany, though I don't think he's in Frankfurt. You might send him a PM.

I believe that you'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference in how cycling is regarded there and how much easier it will be to get around by bike than it is in the States. I spent a couple of years in Bonn many moons ago and I really enjoyed it - in fact it was where I became a serious cyclist rather than just someone who rides a bike.