PDA

View Full Version : Long Sleeve Winter Jersey

hainy
05-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Just coming into winter here in sydney australia and looking for a new long sleeve jersey. What can you recommend that does the job without mortgaging the house. I prefer plan looking designs like Rapha without the price tag.

It's not a harsh winter as minimum in the heart of winter is no lower then about 6 degrees celcius. About 40F.

I have baselayers if required to warm it up if need be.

Cheers and thanks for any help you can offer.

Hainy

rnhood
05-02-2013, 07:47 PM
I have a Baked Alaska jersey (Ground Effects (http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/products-WIN.htm)) and with a merino wool (or any decent thermal base layer), its a really good winter option. You only need to change the base layer to address widely different conditions. The jersey has a long zipper too which comes in handy as it warms up.

Ground Effects has other options too. I have the Lucifer socks which have wind-blocking material built in. You can throw away your booties and toe warmers. Rapha might get you more fashion, but not better attire.

scrubadub
05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
I wore a Wabi Woolens long sleeve jersey, a baselayer, and a (Rapha) vest for pretty much the entire New England winter. I found that this worked better than wearing a softshell because I tend to overheat easily.

Below freezing though I still used a jacket.

Ken Robb
05-02-2013, 08:21 PM
I like IBEX products but I feel unqualified to advise Aussies on wool or Vegemite.:)

dmurphey
05-02-2013, 08:35 PM
I love my Icebreaker T shirt, 200 weight merino wool, and then on top a Woolistic long sleeve jersey, my fav is the Cinzano vintage repro. For colder weather, same wool T shirt plus Icebreaker 200 longsleave cycling base layer plus a cycling jacket. Ibex has great stuff as well. Their El Fito 3/4 length knickers in wool are the dog's danglies!

93legendti
05-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Ibex Giro or Shak LS cycling jerseys. I have both. Really nice stuff

Marz
05-02-2013, 08:51 PM
What about Assos at Ribble?

Always discounted there and you get long lasting quality which is more economical in the long term.

hainy
05-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks Guys,

I will look into some of these suggestions.

Cheers

Hainy

CNY rider
05-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Don't forget Boure.
Well made, nice looking and reasonably priced.

Steve in SLO
05-03-2013, 08:59 AM
http://www.torm.cc/

Sounds like just what you are looking for.

oldpotatoe
05-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Just coming into winter here in sydney australia and looking for a new long sleeve jersey. What can you recommend that does the job without mortgaging the house. I prefer plan looking designs like Rapha without the price tag.

It's not a harsh winter as minimum in the heart of winter is no lower then about 6 degrees celcius. About 40F.

I have baselayers if required to warm it up if need be.

Cheers and thanks for any help you can offer.

Hainy

PM sent-

cbratina
05-03-2013, 09:08 AM
We use a light polypropylene or wool undershirt with a wool long sleeve jersey and an Ibex cycling jacket. A Kucharick wool long sleeve jersey is a medium weight, long zipper, and three rear pockets but the shoulders are very wide. We got a great price on a Sugoi Wallaroo wool jersey which is slightly heavier and a better fit, but it only has one rear pocket on the side. We bought the Ibex Breakaway cycling jackets for $25 each as closeouts!!! They are fantastic with a good fit, Shoeller windbreaker fabric on the front and wool back. They are worth their list price.